May 19 2013
By: Tarik314 First Son 5 posts

**bleep** Sony! Can't add funds to wallet

[ Edited ]
5 replies 4901 views Edited May 19, 2013

This is BULL****!

OK, From S.O.N.Y who is like the leading manufacturere when it comes to electronics and what not. HOW is it possible that you DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PSN STORE!!? ARE YOU STUCK ON STUPID OVER THERE IN JAPAN???

Last week I tried buying Blood Dragon via the PS3 and it wouldnt let me, says my card information was wrong!!! realy?????( I checked everything 20 times and made sure it's the same as on my billing statement)

Then last night I added 5$ to my wallet through the PC, I tried to add 10$ 5 minutes later and it won't let me! Says my card information is WRONG?!?! I just used it 5 minutes ago!!!?

Today same thing, I tried to add 10$ and it says my credit card information is wrong. **bleep** man, WTFFFFFFFF

Don't tell me to get a PSN card I don't want that sh**, I want to add funds to my wallet with my DEBIT CARD that has over a thousand dollars in it and Sony can't even implement a simple Credit Card system that freakin works!

Who knows how to fix this sh** or how to get MY MONEY BACK?? I swear my next console is going to be XBOX, Id rather pay for a system that works and not something that is shiny and broken like a mf!

Message 1 of 6 (4,901 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: **bleep** Sony! Can't add funds to wallet

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

So no reply from you s.o.b's

I bet Sony is paying you suckas in peanuts and not $.

This is a shame, Hundreds of million of PS3 and PS2's sold and Sony cant even afford Customer Service. What a joke.  Is that it??

It was the Whales and Dolphins that did it! Not America!

Message 2 of 6 (4,880 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7401 posts

May 19, 2013

This is a user forum; no one is getting paid to post here.  Only Mods are employed, but they are not here for such support issues.  You can contact support through links at the bottom of the page:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

It was my understanding that debit cards usually don't work with the PSN.  Perhaps if you try it through PayPal (if you haven't been) you'll have better results.

Message 3 of 6 (4,875 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

May 20, 2013

Tarik314 wrote:

So no reply from you s.o.b's

I bet Sony is paying you suckas in peanuts and not $.

This is a shame, Hundreds of million of PS3 and PS2's sold and Sony cant even afford Customer Service. What a joke. Are you still mad about WW2??? Is that it??

It was the Whales and Dolphins that did it! Not America!

This kind of response really isn't the right way to go about getting assistance, but anyway...

By chance, is this question linked to this question here:

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/HELP-card-services-said-that-pla...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 6 (4,869 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

May 20, 2013

People aren't really interested in helping you because no one wants any part of your assinine (not a curse word but it fits) attitude. Didn't your mother teach you when you ask for help from people to be polite and respectful and to not insult them? Guess not. I feel sorry for PS phone support because you have probably already treated them to your nasty attitude regardless of how much help they did or didn't give. If it were me I would want you off the phone as fast as possible lest I develop the ability to crush steel with my bare hands. Btw, Japan has little to nothing to do with how the PSN payment systems for a PS3 purchased in North America work.

You don't really deserve an answer but I'm going to give you one anyway. Take your debit card, open up a paypal account, and then link your card to paypal. You can then use the Sony Entertainment Network website to transfer money from Paypal to PSN. That way has far less issues. If  you are having issues you are probably using a prepaid card or a debit card from some local hole in the wall bank that doesn't support PSN's Address Verification System.

Message 5 of 6 (4,860 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
31499 posts

May 21, 2013

PSN doesn't generally accept debit cards, and it hasn't for years.  PSN does not accept prepaid debit cards at all, because they provide no proof of your home address.  Sony doesn't want people using prepaid debit cards to use PSN with a false address, in order to evade sales taxes, or purchase content that is prohibited where they live.  If you want to do that, then you have to use PSN cards.  PSN will accept some debit cards that are attached to bank checking accounts, if the bank processes the transaction exactly the same way that it does for credit cards.  Otherwise, you have to get a real credit card, which you can do even if you have very bad credit.  You just have to post a deposit that is equal to your credit line.  Your prepaid debit card is worth nothing here, although as someone already pointed out, you can use it if you attach it to a Paypal account.  

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (4,835 Views)
0 Likes