First Son
2 posts

Re: battlefield 4 digital version freezing on spawn and connection issues.

Nov 2, 2013
And I'm on disc
Message 11 of 21 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Thanks so much dude ur were right it's cuz of the stupid field upgrade
Message 12 of 21 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Btw Idk what is the field upgrade does I don't understand
Message 13 of 21 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Nov 2, 2013

To be honest, it's to be expected. You're playing a graphics intensive game on 8 year old hardware. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 14 of 21 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 3, 2013
First and fore most, I am having the same exact issues with my battlefield. secondly it would love to address your ignorance. GameStop is just like any company, you order offline you get put at the bottom of a waiting list and it is sent to you whenever it's your turn. That's like you buying a brand new play station 4 in store and me ordering it offline and them shipping it to me before selling you the copy you paid for. Customers that come in to pay as well as pick their product up will always be a priority customer over those who order. You can choose not to shop with gamestop, but don't be ignorant and say stupid things because you do not understand how a business works. I guarantee you would have the same wait unless you paid for quicker delivery, so if getting it on the 29th was such an issue you should've paid for next day or preordered in store like a person with common sense would've done.
Message 15 of 21 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I can confirm this issue, when I switched back to the defensive field upgrade, the problem was solved.

Message 16 of 21 (257 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Hello, since the last day I have the same problem, I have the cd, I've already changed the settings of visualization as the page online says but nothing happens

game in the campaign runs normally.
someone already solved the situation?

Message 17 of 21 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2013

YUPYYYYYYYYYYYY resolve,take of indirect fire

Message 18 of 21 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2013
indirect fire of
Message 19 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Multiplayer login freeze / spawn freezing, console lock up, bricks PS3 until the power button is pushed.  It looks like BF4 was not fully baked upon release.

I have not found a fix yet which works on either of my PS3s, and unlike with the PCs the console patch has not been posted yet and the PC patch for BF4 has only exacerbated the issue more with the BF4 community from others postings I have seen.

For all who are still experiencing this issue regardless of what has been tried to fix it for BF4 on PS3 look here: 

BF4 Patch Updates

The above link is what EA support gave me for newest information and updates on the status or trouble shooting being done by EA/DICE.  If a fix or a patch is to be released for the PS3 I was told information about it would show up at the link above.

All I see so far for the console users like us is people venting frustration due the amount of money spent to Beta Test BF4 which is really bad software at this point and turning our Playstation consoles into bricks every time a multiplayer log in is attempted.

I have not been able to experience all the other issues I see others reporting at this time because I cannot get online long enough for it to matter but this is messed up by any account, especially after almost two weeks post release?

In my case I purchased the PS3 Digital download from the Playstation Store with the Premium add-on. Out of 40 or 50 attempts now to get online each has resulted in crashes immediately when I attempt to log in with the exception of exactly 3 times I have been successful in the last 10 days.

In those 3 successes on 2 different PS3s I was online for no more than a 125 minute’s total, estimated.

My stats on Battle log actually state a lot less time played online then that in the last week. 

That amount of time may be as hinky as the game since servers are being reported by the online community as being as screwed up as the console and PC games from various posts at EA forums.

Yesterday the 3rd successful login in 10 days I did get online for about 5 minutes before crash issue occurred again so maybe that is progress after a week of no access.

Before my minor success yesterday which I have later found was a futile attempt at fixing my issues, I removed the game BF4P, put PS3 in safe mode (after speaking with PS3 tech at Sony) who told me how this was done, used option 3 to restore one of my PS3 (the machine I removed the game from) files system after removal of BF4 as a recommended extra step, then I re-downloaded BF4 and installed all 10GB of the game...11GB reported once fully installed version 1.02 at this time.

This PS3 along with the other which I did not re-install BF4 still continues to crash experienced exactly the same symptoms with BF4.  Almost immediately when I try to log in online to play BF4 using the same master account (of course not at the same time) on both PS3s the PS3s hang or freeze.

I also tried what EA Tech mentioned and what I found on a forum page last week and what I see was touched on in this forum.

Basically for now in our load out for BF4 only use shadow or Defensive to get online under the Support Class.

I have not been able to make changes from my PS3’s which appear to stick or stay at the console level out of the 3 times I have actually been able to login without an immediate game crash so I did this from the Battle-log online but  still cannot get online with either PS3.  This fix does not work for me either.

Again log in locks up every time and  immediately most every time on both of my PS3’s.   

***I opened a case with EA last week and the Advisors exact wording in my case was "Unfortunately, you are not the only one experiencing this issue, which appears to be caused by selecting a certain field upgrade on Support class. It is affecting other PS3 users at present, and DICE are aware and working on a patch right now to resolve it. There is some maintenance being carried out tomorrow that will disable the bugged options to resolve your issue while they work on a permanent fix, but for now, you should be able to get back in game by going to your load-out, and changing the support class field upgrade to "Defensive" or "Shadow".

Maybe the above will help others, but nothing I have tried so far works for me.  I am thankful for small miracles though.  I have been able to finish the campaign but not why I really spent the money.  I completed the BF4 campaign in about 6 or 7 hours, not really the game play I was hoping for so far but I have started the campaign again…what else can I do for now other than go play BlackOps or GTA or ME3 or BF3P online….

Also F.W.I.W.

All other game online play is fine in my case including {CALLOFDUTYBLKOPs2, GTA4, MassEffect3Online ( Now that was a campaign) and BF3online} with the last confirmed by multiple support calls and one chat with EA that BF3 uses the same ports as BF4...at the moment.  Also, again in case it matters to a tech at some point,  I am wired CAT5e and reported worst speed I am getting when checking under PS3 network settings, internet connection test for up and down,   4mbps up 30Mbps down has been the worst seen so far in the last 10 days.  I know this is only a point in time test, not great, not what I think I should be getting for what I pay to have Fiber to the house but better than should be necessary IMO to play this game, even on my PS3’s.

If anyone has further recommendations please send them add them to the string.

For all involved in this on the back end please fix the game.

Message 20 of 21 (194 Views)
0 Likes