Oct 14 2012
By: fearunal First Son 3 posts

auto log out, constant

3 replies 212 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

i recently bought a brand spanking new ps3.

i have a pretty nice network set up which it cannot handle.

it came with a wireless option...which is not an option. it simply will not connect wirelessly

this issue goes back at least to 2009. im sure it goes back further but my most recent searches yielded 2009 results.

the issue of course, is getting logged out while gaming, while watching netflix, while watching crunchyroll, basically anytime i turn the damned thing on, i get the message, you have been logged out.

i have changed my network settings, i have run a cat 6 cable and then a 5e, i have disabled media server and auto log on

then i re-enabled them and repeated this process uncounted times over the past 3 weeks or so.

i have bypassed my server, and my switch and ran the ethernet cable direct to router.

i have used backbone dns's and comodo secure dns

i have tested my connection with servers all over the world and get pings under 125 and speeds in excess of 30mb/s down and 6-7 up. but running the test on the ps3 shows a whopping 3.5 mb/s and up of 879 kb/s

( i pay for 50mb/s from a cable internet provider. not saying i need 50mb/s to psn, but maybe a connection that doesnt time out would be great )

so being as this issue goes back to 2009, and its not just 1 or 2 network nubs, its thousands of threads in many forums across the net, im starting to think, **bleep** sony? can you pull your head out of your as.sets for a moment and fix the **bleep** networking issues.

i figure i have about another week or so of using my ps3 as a dust collector before i RMA the **bleep** and get an xbox

Message 1 of 4 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Re: auto log out, constant

Oct 14, 2012

What nat type do you get when you run internet connection test on the PS3?

Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 14, 2012

currently type one, i changed it around each time i had to bypass a device on my network.

Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Oct 14, 2012

If your running wired setup try  DMZ for the PS3 ip address.

What type of router is it then I can look it up and provide the steps for you.

Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes