Tried turning off and on and off the "Password at checkout" , didn't help. I tried a different credit card, didn't help. Tried turning it off and on again ... didn't work ... The most amazing thing in this story is how much little f*c they seem to give. There are several forum posts and tweets out there about that exact issue yet nothing is happenning. Trying to spend 50$ in their store, but they def don't care. I wish I could say this was the first time I've had issues with PSN but, as many ps3 owners know by now, time-consuming problems with the PSN seems to be some sort of ritual for being their Customer.
Next generation I'll def look in the other direction.
Edit : so seems like turning off the Password at checkout isn't enough, in my case at least. I had to go online and add money with a Paypal account. I had tried different credit cards but they all didnt work. Paypal worked (even though it is linked to one of these credit cards !! ) So now it's downloading. AT LAST .
Please SONY, please add an error code in the future so we know what sh*t we're dealing with instead of having us runing around like headless chicken.
I'm also having this problem, just figured I'd sound off. Here is what I've checked:
1) Billing information lines up with statement correctly, card information is correct. Changing cards also did not help.
2) Reinstalling the PSN did not help
3) Checked my router port configurations, did not help.
4) Tried to add funds via the sony site, said my card was not entered correctly (it was).
5) talked to people on both phone and chat tech support- both weren't able to help aside from telling me to buy gift cards in 20 dollar increments.
6) Ripped hair out. No success.
Edit: In the end I "fixed" the problem by transferring $25 to my account via paypal, which was actually more than I needed. The transaction worked fine after the money was actually in my wallet.
Was having the same problem and tried all the other suggestions. Then I checked my billing information and the expiry year had been deleted off my details. Changed that back and everything started working again.
So that's another suggestion that might help someone. Worked for me.