Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
28 posts

Re: an error has occured

Feb 17, 2013
Something going on here, I too purchased the $50.00 PSN card, punched the the code in and the network does recognize the correct ammount. But after answering yes to to the "Add funds to wallet" prompt I get the "An error has occured" message.
Message 11 of 28 (4,365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I have the same error. But with my credit card.

What do I need to do?

Message 12 of 28 (4,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

Same here, 

Tried turning off and on and off the "Password at checkout" , didn't help. I tried a different credit card, didn't help. Tried turning it off and on again ... didn't work ... The most amazing thing in this story is how much little f*c they seem to give. There are several forum posts and tweets out there about that exact issue yet nothing is happenning. Trying to spend 50$ in their store, but they def don't care.  I wish I could say this was the first time I've had issues with PSN but, as many ps3 owners know by now, time-consuming problems with the PSN seems to be some sort of ritual for being their Customer. 

Next generation I'll def look in the other direction. 

Edit : so seems like turning off the Password at checkout isn't enough, in my case at least. I had to go online and add money with a Paypal account. I had tried different credit cards but they all didnt work. Paypal worked (even though it is linked to one of these credit cards !! )  So now it's downloading. AT LAST . 

Please SONY, please add an error code in the future so we know what sh*t we're dealing with instead of having us runing around like headless chicken. 

Message 13 of 28 (4,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I've been having this problem since march 22. Anything I try to buy it always say an error has occurred. I'm really getting **bleep**. I wish Sony would do something about this. I just upgraded my ps3 to 1tb just so I could download games.
Message 14 of 28 (4,000 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

I'm also having this problem, just figured I'd sound off. Here is what I've checked:

1) Billing information lines up with statement correctly, card information is correct. Changing cards also did not help.

2) Reinstalling the PSN did not help

3) Checked my router port configurations, did not help.

4) Tried to add funds via the sony site, said my card was not entered correctly (it was).

5) talked to people on both phone and chat tech support- both weren't able to help aside from telling me to buy gift cards in 20 dollar increments.

6) Ripped hair out. No success.

Edit: In the end I "fixed" the problem by transferring $25 to my account via paypal, which was actually more than I needed.  The transaction worked fine after the money was actually in my wallet.

Message 15 of 28 (3,927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 6, 2013

Was having the same problem and tried all the other suggestions. Then I checked my billing information and the expiry year had been deleted off my details. Changed that back and everything started working again.

So that's another suggestion that might help someone. Worked for me.

Good luck

Message 16 of 28 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I'm having the same problem as well... -.- matter of fact my password was already off and still getting that message! like **bleep**...

Message 17 of 28 (2,655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013

yeah, thanks for the suggestion about the billing information. i checked that and it had all gone for some reason but my purchase worked smoothly after i typed it all back in.

Message 18 of 28 (2,489 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2013
I was going to the account section to do what had been mentioned in previous posts and noticed a place under account settings for entering a code. I used this instead of going through the playstation store and it went right through without a problem. Just waiting for the download now of Assassins Creed now. Won't go through the store again, will go this route in the future.
Message 19 of 28 (1,855 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Go to account settings, transactions management, then go to add funds (:
Message 20 of 28 (1,761 Views)
0 Likes