4403 posts

Re: acount got hacked

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

mexican_warriorj wrote:

my other acount (joe65se) got hacked how can i get it back?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

'Hacked'?, I very much doubt it, the only way someone other than yourself can gain access to a PSN account is if they have the password.

BRIT-KO

Another way they can gain access is that if your e-mail account is hacked. But if your e-mail is hacked then you probably got BIGGER issues to worry about since other accounts may be tied to it.

Or maybe the person gameshared. :smileytongue:

Generally the latter, hence my 'usual' reponse, but yes Doppel can key-logging happen & access be gained that way?, yes it's possible, but we all know the passing of passwords from one to another for gain is the likely reason here!

BRIT-KO

All the more reason to cycle your account User Names (if possible) and Passwords (Always).

I do this once a month.  It is a bit of a pain, but it ensures me the least possibility of actually being hacked.  As well, choosing a favorite game name as your password, is probably not advisable for a Gaming Network.  Just saying.

Randomness is the best defense against fishing.

I also defer to the latter, or previous, "Sharing" option.  No one likes to admit they have game shared, especially after it burns them.  Best way to avoid this, is DO NOT GAME SHARE.

Feel free to review the Terms of Use for PSN.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=psn%20user%20agreement&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&...

Have  a great day OP.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 11 of 23 (164 Views)
VP of Gaming
25922 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Call SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 during normal business hours.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 12 of 23 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7591 posts

Mar 25, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

All the more reason to cycle your account User Names (if possible) and Passwords (Always).

I do this once a month.  It is a bit of a pain, but it ensures me the least possibility of actually being hacked.  As well, choosing a favorite game name as your password, is probably not advisable for a Gaming Network.  Just saying.

If you have Gmail, using Two-Factor Authentication for your account greatly decreases chances of hacking. I have mine with 2-Factor and my phone generates a new 6-digit code every minute. This ensures even if jerks guess my password, they won't get in without my phone.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 13 of 23 (137 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

If you have Gmail, using Two-Factor Authentication for your account greatly decreases chances of hacking. I have mine with 2-Factor and my phone generates a new 6-digit code every minute. This ensures even if jerks guess my password, they won't get in without my phone.

See, I am not the only crazy person out here.:smileyvery-happy:

Remember, just because you are paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get you.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 14 of 23 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7591 posts

Mar 25, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Remember, just because you are paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get you.:smileywink:

Moble

Heh, that's one of my most-explained and repeated lines when I type my 30-40+ character decryption code when I fire up my laptop. :smileytongue:

I don't know why I even scramble my hard disks, nothing important is on it but I suppose it's useful when the ultra-unlikely moment where someone breaks into your house/car and gets away with the laptop or desktop.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 15 of 23 (131 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Heh, that's one of my most-explained and repeated lines when I type my 30-40+ character decryption code when I fire up my laptop. :smileytongue:

I don't know why I even scramble my hard disks, nothing important is on it but I suppose it's useful when the ultra-unlikely moment where someone breaks into your house/car and gets away with the laptop or desktop.

:smileylol:

I actually forget my passwords sometimes, because I make them too hard to remember myself.

Moble

Message 16 of 23 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Haha Moble. I try got keep mine all the same and change up every 6 months or so.

People should know better to give out their own info. Secondary account, how dumb LOL
Message 17 of 23 (117 Views)
MVP Support
18715 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
Well technically it can be hacked with a keylogger when you log-in on the sony website or forums. But then again you might wonder what sites you visited and what you downloaded to get it....

In most cases people gave their pass to someone. Remember: when you give your account info to someone to gameshare you gave the account away willingly and the account belongs to that person and he can do with it as he pleases. There is no way to undo this.

A key logger requires for a local installation of a hardware and/or software. I doubt this is what happened here for a person willing to go to such length would not settle for a mere PSN account.

The certain thing here is that the OP gave his password away.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 18 of 23 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18715 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

:smileylol:

I actually forget my passwords sometimes, because I make them too hard to remember myself.

Moble

You should take a look at LastPass. It highly recommend it but don't take my word for it.

https://lastpass.com/index.php

Message 19 of 23 (98 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18715 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Nice to see a fellow TruCrypt user. All of my laptops HDDs are encrypted. My personal data, work & creations are for me and those with whom I share them with :smileytongue:

If you have no personal data in your desktop PC then there is no need to encrypt it. All you should be caring about is backups. If you really want to be one who has access to your PC, just because it is your PC, then encrypting the HDD makes sense, for the windows account passwords can easily be cracked.

Now laptops, even if you keep no personal data on it, encrypt them; we don't want to make it that easy for thieves. :smileysurprised:

Message 20 of 23 (96 Views)
0 Likes