Jul 15 2011
By: bigbig31 First Son 5 posts

account help

10 replies 29 views Edited Jul 15, 2011

Hi i dont want to sound daft but i had a old psn account and i had a lot of stuff i had paid for in dwnloads and things but i have had to set up a new account on a new ps3  i just wanted to know if there is anyway i can get all the stuff i have paid for on playstaion network on my new ps3 and account like movies , map packs ,etc

Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Re: account help

Jul 15, 2011

All I can say is that you were stupid in creating a new account. You could have typed all the info from your old account in your new PS3.

Message 2 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2011

Thanks for the help. but the thing was i didnt want to keep the

Message 3 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 15, 2011

The old account? OK, I get you now. No, you can't. Put your old account in another user and download all you have in your new PS3, so you won't need to buy'em back.

Message 4 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 15, 2011

bigbig31 wrote:

Hi i dont want to sound daft but i had a old psn account and i had a lot of stuff i had paid for in dwnloads and things but i have had to set up a new account on a new ps3  i just wanted to know if there is anyway i can get all the stuff i have paid for on playstaion network on my new ps3 and account like movies , map packs ,etc

Thanks

Well, if you created the account before the PSN Outage in April, and have not logged into since, you'll be required to change the password.  And unless you have the same PS3, you'll have to reset the password using the e-mail option.  And, I'm not sure the e-mail option will work, if it sends you to the same site that has been down for a while.  But you can try different things.

First off, on your new PS3, if you have already added a PSN ID to it, you'll have to create a new PS3 User by going all the way to the left of the XMB.  Create the new user, and then sign into it.  Then move over to the PSN area on the right, and tell it you want a Network Account, and tell it you want to use an existing account.  Then enter all teh information for that account, the e-mail address you used for that account and your password.

If all goes well it should at least tell you to change your password and give you the e-mail option.  Again, though not sure if that will work.

You can also try going to qriocity.com and logging in with your old account info, and see if it prompts you to change password on that site, without having to go through e-mail (not sure that'll happen though).

But, if you can get passed all the password stuff, and you create the PS3 User, and add your old PSN ID to it, you should be able to login and get to your download list, from the account manager or from the store, and download your games and game content.  Any purchased movies are lost though; those are one time download.

Message 5 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2011

right so what you are saying is that i will have to buy it all again the old account is still open as i never shut it down so can i just log back into that one and download it to the new ps3 or will the maps n stuff not work when i log back in on the new account.

Message 6 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 15, 2011

As long as you don't delete the user in which your old account is registered, yes, they will work.

Message 7 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 15, 2011

bigbig31 wrote:

right so what you are saying is that i will have to buy it all again the old account is still open as i never shut it down so can i just log back into that one and download it to the new ps3 or will the maps n stuff not work when i log back in on the new account.

You will not have to buy your map packs and games/game dlc again.

As long as you can login to your account, you'll be able to download your stuff.  As long as you keep the old account on the PS3, your new account can use the content.

Message 8 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2011

thanks will giv it a try lol

Message 9 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2011

Still need help just tryed to log in to my old account and i cant remember my old password and when i put as i ahve forgot it they say the network is down ?

Message 10 of 11 (29 Views)
0 Likes