Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: alan-0406 First Son 2 posts

account hacked while playing modern warfare online. call of duty 4

2 replies 136 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

hi,today i was playing call of duty 4 online when i was put into a game which was hacked,i only realized this when i could see a bloke flying about in the air and another who i shot but wouldnt die. I decided to back out of the game as there was no point in continuing in that game obviously. In backing out i noticed my rank had been reset to 1 though it still showed the correct level in barracks. Also when i select find game all the game modes are greyed out so you cant select any and cant play online. I have tried reseting the playstation and deleted all data etc and pinned my hopes on the account still being intact in playstation network but when i connected again and downloaded the update for cod 4 its still wrong so i assume then that the hackers have hacked my account and not the playstation? I assume this is restricted to cod 4? what would happen if i put another game in? Why do hackers get pleasure from doing this? i dont understand! Is there any way i can fix this? regards andy

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Re: account hacked while playing modern warfare online. call of duty 4

Feb 26, 2013

This has nothing to do with PSN, or Sony in general.  Activision always ran the game servers for Call of Duty.  Unfortunately for you, Activision isn't going to help you either.  Activision is done with Call of Duty 4.  The servers are still running, but basically on auto-pilot.  There is no real support for them anymore, and Activision doesn't care what people do on those servers.  It stopped making money on Call of Duty 4 years ago.  If you want a supported game, then it is time to buy a new one.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: account hacked while playing modern warfare online. call of duty 4

Feb 26, 2013

thankyou for your reply. I do have all the new call of duty games including the current black ops 2 but i got bored of it and thought i would have a change and try an older one as the newer ones are dumbed down a bit for me lol. Since my psn account is hacked what would happen if i put black ops 2 in? would that still work ok or would i have to creat a new account and start from scratch? andy

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)
0 Likes