May 28 2013
By: LittleLu-Bu First Son 17 posts

a bit confused

11 replies 202 views Edited May 28, 2013

im trying to purchase something on the psn store, but for some reason my credit crad information on file is not valid..... the numbers match on my account settings, and a JUST used my CC at the store 20 minutes ago.......im not very happy about this. my CC is accepted at EVERY other place except the psn store?

Message 1 of 12 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: a bit confused

May 28, 2013

would it have anything to do with my account getting suspended, cause this issue never surfaced until after my suspension ended. do they delete your CC from file? .....i swear if i have to get a new debit card just because of a 7 day suspension, im never purchasing from PSN store again..

Message 2 of 12 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31539 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

The Playstation Network does not accept debit cards generally.  Certainly not prepaid debit cards.  Some bank debit cards may be accepted, but only if the bank makes it look like a credit card to Sony.  Sony has regularly increased restrictions on card acceptance to the point where very few debit cards still work.  You can try creating a Paypal account using your debit card, and then use Paypal as the form of payment. That works if the billing address of the card would pass the tests for a credit card.  If the billing address for the card is not reported to Sony when the card is used, has not be verified by the bank by sending actual postal mail to the address, or does not match the registration for the PSN account, then the card will not be accepted regardless of the type that it is. Other stores will accept your card because they either deal in physical goods that have to be shipped to a physical address (which will determine taxes due and legal restrictions), or are Internet companies that are only subject to the laws of one jurisdiction.  The Playstation Store deals in virtual goods, and Sony has a physical presence in many places, and must comply with many sets of laws.

Did Sony remove your billing information when you were suspended?  I didn't think that it did that.  If it did, you would not get an error messages saying that the card information was invalid.  There would be no card information to validate.

GKP
Message 3 of 12 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 28, 2013

im aware that sony doesnt accept pre paid thats why the cards registered with a bank. it isnt a pre paid debit. its a Wells Fargo Visa debit, thats directly connected to my bank account, ergo its basically a credit card, and it was working before the suspension, and even a few days after, i have 4.50$ in my wallet still from when i added funds with the same card number just b4 my suspension. i wanted to purchase the new BL2 dlc, so i went into the store, and tried to add funds, and it tells me"credit card information is not valid, please go to account management>account settings and reverify the card number" which i did, and it still gives me the same message.

Message 4 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31539 posts

May 28, 2013

Sony doesn't have any way of troubleshooting these errors. Customer support has no access to payment card transaction data, the people that do won't talk to you; and your bank has no visibility to, or control over, PSN's card acceptance criteria. Something may have changed on Sony's side, or something may have changed on the bank's side.  It doesn't matter.  You won't get anyone to resolve it. Customer support will just tell you to use a different credit card, or buy Playstation Network cards.  A bank debit card is not basically a credit card anyway.  Debit cards are distinctly different, even if they have a Visa logo.  While they use the same payment network as credit cards, they also support PIN transactions, and may look different in other ways when you use them.

GKP
Message 5 of 12 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 28, 2013

well then those fools just lost a good customer. theres no bloody way im getting a new visa, going through the trouble of reapplying it to the 12 dozen apps this ones connected to, just because sony has issues with "debit". theres no issues with the bank, i already confermed that, if theres any issues, its on sonys side.

Message 6 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 28, 2013

theres a reason i use this card, i dont have to deal with the extra percentage connected with a credit card, and the monthly bills that far out weigh the amount i actually spend, so yea, sony just lost ANOTHER customer

Message 7 of 12 (175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31539 posts

May 29, 2013

In America, regular credit cards charge no interest or fees if you pay your balance on time, and in full, each month.  If you are borrowing the bank's money, as an unsecured loan, then you should expect a finance charge to go with that. If you don't have good enough credit to get a regular credit card account, then having a credit card gets more expensive, but that isn't Sony's fault.

GKP
Message 8 of 12 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 29, 2013

and thats why sony lost a customer, because they dont take that kind of situation into account, they completely forget about the small, lesser payed ppl who either dont make enough money for use of a credit card, have low credit due to unfortunate circumstances, or just prefer NOT to use a CC. to me what theyre saying is "we dont care about you, get a CC, or bugger off"

Message 9 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 29, 2013

i personally dont like using money that isnt actually mine, it WHY i use a bank validated debit. so do millions of other ppl. like me, they cant stand to owe a bank money, but i guess sony doesnt care about that..

Message 10 of 12 (127 Views)
0 Likes