Reply
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/15/2004
Offline
995 posts
 

Re: YouTube on my PS3 isn't playing videos! Why?

Aug 27, 2013

tsunam1rc wrote:
Why isn't YouTube on my PS3 playing videos? I can type in YouTube on my PS3 Internet search engine, and pull it up. I can get onto the YouTube website. I can even type in a video in the YouTube search engine and pull it up as well.

But the videos will not play. The videos display a black screen that won't load the video up and the play / pause options are nonexistent.

What is going on here? Please help me. Thanks!

Youtube has a PS3 app, which using it thru the browser is no longer needed.   I haven't tried to access Youtube thru the ps3 browser in a long time, due to the app existing.

Message 21 of 62 (5,122 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28234 posts
 

Re: YouTube on my PS3 isn't playing videos! Why?

Aug 27, 2013

I just clicked on your name and saw that you may be from Europe. If that's the case, then you may want to go to PlayStation®Network Technical Help to resolve your issue. I suggest Bookmarking or adding the European PlayStation Forums to your browser.

 

Good luck.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 22 of 62 (5,117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: You tube stop working yesterday

Aug 27, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

GUNNERS-GOTTA45 wrote:

  I just got off the phone PS they told me Youtube upgraded their Flashplayer so now we can't watch vids on the browser connection, so if you want to comment or watch your playlist or a video link you have to buy a laptop - SCREWED AGIAN...... 


 

You can always get the YouTube app for PlayStation 3.

 

Web PSN Store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/youtube-for-ps3/cid=UP2075-NPUP10028_00-YOUTUBE0...

 

You can also get it from within the PS3's PSN Store app or from under TV/Video Services icon on the XMB.

 

 


As stated previously. The app is really not that user friendly. Beside my biggest problem is with vids posted on the forums. It's a real pain to close the brower, open the app, use the controller with that ill made letter thing, ... close the app, open the brower, go back to the forums...   Beside, more often than not you can't even find said video...

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 23 of 62 (5,061 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 04/04/2013
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: YouTube on my PS3 isn't playing videos! Why?

Aug 27, 2013
Thanks all of you for your help. I am a USA account holder for psn not EU. I will look into this YouTube issue to get it resolved. Thx everyone.
Message 24 of 62 (5,062 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/31/2013
Offline
307 posts
 

Re: Youtube not working with PS3 browser anymore

Aug 27, 2013

 

I stopped getting youtube to .. idk why.. all my friends to? i have bookmarked videos i can't play .. and videos of the updates are black.. can someone tell me why?

Message 25 of 62 (5,054 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18896 posts
 

Re: YouTube on my PS3 isn't playing videos! Why?

Aug 27, 2013

tsunam1rc wrote:
Why isn't YouTube on my PS3 playing videos? I can type in YouTube on my PS3 Internet search engine, and pull it up. I can get onto the YouTube website. I can even type in a video in the YouTube search engine and pull it up as well.

But the videos will not play. The videos display a black screen that won't load the video up and the play / pause options are nonexistent.

What is going on here? Please help me. Thanks!

 

 

To enjoy YouTube on the PS3 you have to download the YouTube app from the PSN Store or from the TV/Video Service icon under the XMB

 

Please check this post

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Youtube-not-working-with-PS3-brow...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 26 of 62 (5,041 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: YouTube on my PS3 isn't playing videos! Why?

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Some are hard of hearing I see...

 

WE KNOW ABOUT THE YOUTUBE APPS. PLEASE READ THE THREAD TITLE!!!.

 

Well, the original one.... As well as the OP.... and the thread itself....

 

Oh, double post. (Repeating the same reply multiple time) is not a "netiquette approved" thing

 

Edit: similar threads merged

U--J

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 27 of 62 (5,037 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18896 posts
 

Re: You tube stop working yesterday

Aug 27, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

GUNNERS-GOTTA45 wrote:

  I just got off the phone PS they told me Youtube upgraded their Flashplayer so now we can't watch vids on the browser connection, so if you want to comment or watch your playlist or a video link you have to buy a laptop - SCREWED AGIAN...... 


 

You can always get the YouTube app for PlayStation 3.

 

Web PSN Store

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/youtube-for-ps3/cid=UP2075-NPUP10028_00-YOUTUBE0...

 

You can also get it from within the PS3's PSN Store app or from under TV/Video Services icon on the XMB.

 

 


As stated previously. The app is really not that user friendly. Beside my biggest problem is with vids posted on the forums. It's a real pain to close the brower, open the app, use the controller with that ill made letter thing, ... close the app, open the brower, go back to the forums...   Beside, more often than not you can't even find said video...


 

I know the YouTube app is not that user-friendly but at least it gives us access to YouTube. I'm sure Google would love user feedback on their PS3 app.

 

As stated previously, many times over on this community: The PS3 web browser is a vanilla web browser; it was never meant to be a cutting edge browser like Firefox or Chrome. Like many of you, I wish it had been different. I hope SONY is including a true web browser for the PS4. Adobe Flash is dying, even adobe itself is dumping support for flash. Blame Adobe for their buggy development and the success of iOS. HTML5 is meant to be the replacement but adaptation has been slow.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 28 of 62 (5,025 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18896 posts
 

Re: Youtube not working with PS3 browser anymore

Aug 27, 2013

aitocsavon wrote:

 

I stopped getting youtube to .. idk why.. all my friends to? i have bookmarked videos i can't play .. and videos of the updates are black.. can someone tell me why?


This is  for security purposes. Websites, in this case YouTube, drop support for older version of flash players thus forcing users to update to the lastest version of Flash. The PS3 web browser wont be getting an update; the development for such plugin-type is dead.

 

With that said, please do give this a try. As some of you know, for some good time now, YouTube has been testing their HTML5 player.

 

From the PS3 browser, navigate to:

https://www.youtube.com/html5

 

I know the PS3 web browser HTML5 support is very limited but it doesn't hurt to give this a try.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 29 of 62 (5,020 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: Youtube not working with PS3 browser anymore

Aug 28, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

aitocsavon wrote:

 

I stopped getting youtube to .. idk why.. all my friends to? i have bookmarked videos i can't play .. and videos of the updates are black.. can someone tell me why?


This is  for security purposes. Websites, in this case YouTube, drop support for older version of flash players thus forcing users to update to the lastest version of Flash. The PS3 web browser wont be getting an update; the development for such plugin-type is dead.

 

With that said, please do give this a try. As some of you know, for some good time now, YouTube has been testing their HTML5 player.

 

From the PS3 browser, navigate to:

https://www.youtube.com/html5

 

I know the PS3 web browser HTML5 support is very limited but it doesn't hurt to give this a try.


Now thats very interresting and hopefully helpfull Smiley Happy 

Thank you very much!

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 30 of 62 (4,996 Views)