Jun 10 2012
By: SNOOZE-TD First Son 8 posts

XMB Friend or Creating Messaging Problem

1 replies 54 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

Every time I attempt to message someone in the XMB / Freinds , the message just times out (dissapears without me saying YES to "do you want to cancel this message")

Then when I reply to a msg , it wont even let me type 2 words and it backs out with no prompt and without me doing anything thus making the third to fourth word to the reply or message unsuccessful , unfinished and unSENT due to it just quitting by itself , going back to the game or the XMB / Friends List.

I checked system software for the ps3 , and I have the latest , Im on a WIRED connection , game runs fine , internet is fine , Im not able to message anyone without it quitting by itself either instantly or within 20 - 40 seconds.

It is only 1/2 successful @ times , creating 5 msgs to complete one sentence in the "message body" when I used to be able to send just one msg before , I dunno maybe 1 month ago ?

I also went to the internet browser on the XMB , cleared cookies , cache and still have the problem with the XMB / Friends messaging system.

What the hell is going on here ?

Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
78 posts

Re: XMB Friend or Creating Messaging Problem

Jun 11, 2012

down load the firmwarefrom sonys web site onto a USB flash drive and reinstall it. it sounds like it is corrupted.

there are other options you can also try listed in the useing safe mode options like repairing files and such.

you will find all needed instuctions on the support web site on how to do this OR call sony @

800-345-SONY (7669)

Mon- Sat 6:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific / Sun 7:00AM - 6:30PM Pacific

and speak with a live person and they can walk you through it step by step.

Message 2 of 2 (54 Views)
0 Likes