May 09 2013
By: el_doktorre First Son 2 posts

XCOM Enemy Unknown - can't access Slingshot DLC

3 replies 28974 views Edited May 9, 2013

Howdy everyone,

I've got a problem with the "Slingshot" add-on pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I purchased and downloaded it a couple of days ago,  have beaten the game once since then and recently started another playthrough. In all this time, I have not been able to access any of the content from the Slingshot DLC - neither the new missions, nor the new soldier customization options. It's as if the game simply hasn't registered the add-on content. 

Tried redownloading and reinstalling, didn't help. No error messages or anything, it's just like the downloaded content isn't there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (28,974 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: XCOM Enemy Unknown - can't access Slingshot DLC

May 9, 2013

el_doktorre wrote:

Howdy everyone,

I've got a problem with the "Slingshot" add-on pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I purchased and downloaded it a couple of days ago,  have beaten the game once since then and recently started another playthrough. In all this time, I have not been able to access any of the content from the Slingshot DLC - neither the new missions, nor the new soldier customization options. It's as if the game simply hasn't registered the add-on content. 

Tried redownloading and reinstalling, didn't help. No error messages or anything, it's just like the downloaded content isn't there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was the DLC purchased on the same region's store, as the copy of your game belongs to?

If not, this is the issue. Even though games may not be region-locked, DLC is.

If they belong to the same region, try:

• Making sure your game has the latest title update (patch) installed.
  • Deleting the Game Data (not your Save Data) under the XMB (Games > Game Data Utility > XCOM) Re-download the DLC and boot up the game again.

If none of these solve the issue, you can contact support by clicking here, and see what they can do for you.

Good luck.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 4 (28,965 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2013

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatelly, it didn't seem to work.

I don't see why there would be a compatibility issue, since I have the UK version of the game and I bought the DLC off European PSN. Oh, well... Guess I'll just have to contact support.

Message 3 of 4 (28,956 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 24, 2013

having the same problem with elite soldier pack

Message 4 of 4 (28,853 Views)
0 Likes