Nov 23 2013
By: bf4_dividido First Son 1 posts

Wrong system purchase

6 replies 1664 views Edited Nov 23, 2013

I've bought bf4 online and it haven't showed in the downloads list even after activating my ps3, after searching for quite a while looks like i've bought the PS4 (!) version (which i dont own and wont for quite a while). I don't know what to do now can someone from sony help me to switch the ps4 to ps3 version?

Message 1 of 7 (1,664 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Wrong system purchase

Nov 23, 2013

Oh good I'm not the only one that did this. I did basically the same but buy NFS RIvals for ps3 when I wanted to get it for ps4. Waiting on phone for support right now too. You should probably do the same just in case. Its a long wait

Message 2 of 7 (1,657 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 23, 2013

wow, I just did the same thing with Need For Speed.   On hold now as well

Message 3 of 7 (1,648 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41786 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

This is addressed to all three who have posted above.

All sales from the PS Store are classed as final & as a rule no refunds are given, this is especially so when the error is your own like it is here, you all purchased games for systems other than ones you own, why is beyond me, all games in the PS Store are clearly marked as to what system they are for & it also takes a number of button presses until you get to the 'confirm purchase' screen, anyway moving on....

Contact Sony customer support & ask them to submit a refund request on your behalf, just note that not all requests are granted.

Here's Sony's number if you need it, wait times are much longer than usual:

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
Average Wait Time: Over 30 Minutes

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 7 (1,641 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

just an update. I was told that I will be getting a refund.   To answer you question at to how.  Guess I am just stupid and couldn't see too well on the playstion store app on my phone.  Sorry we can't all be perfect like you Brit.    I am sure you mean well , your post just came off a bit condescending. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,609 Views)
MVP Support
41786 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

LouisCyphur wrote:

just an update. I was told that I will be getting a refund.   To answer you question at to how.  Guess I am just stupid and couldn't see too well on the playstion store app on my phone.  Sorry we can't all be perfect like you Brit.    I am sure you mean well , your post just came off a bit condescending. 

I didn't mean to be rude nor condescending, I apologize if I came across that way.

As for being 'perfect', certainly not, we all make mistakes, even me, well occasionally Smiley Wink.

I'm glad you got your refund.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 7 (1,600 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 17, 2013

The support center is much more accepting of mistakes than the actual support would lead you to believe:

"Oops! Don't feel bad, we understand that sometimes accidents happen, and we're happy to assist you. Please follow these simple steps:

1. In the future, take special notice of the system info and requirements listed on a product's page before youpurchase it. Some downloads are available for multiple systems and some require you own the full version of agame -- read carefully!
  2. Now that you know a few ways to avoid this issue in the future, please contact us so that we may investigate your issue further."

But, after chatting with an agent, I get a strict talking to about the user agreement and refunds, and that it will take 5-7 days for it to be reviewed. Seems like an easy change, clearly I have no Vita and would love to get the PS3 version immediately -- now I have to wait.

On cross-platform games, especially, the only difference on the pages is the 3 or 4 letters in light grey lettering. And as I'm searching games for PS3, I get linked to the Vita version. Not obvious at all.

Message 7 of 7 (1,561 Views)