Highlighted
Oct 13 2013
By: NBA_2k-playa First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Won't let me play a download on a different account after deleting the account i bought it on.

2 replies 188 views Edited Oct 13, 2013

I had an account that I bought multiple games on: The Walking Dead, Fifa 13, and Dishonored. Which adds up to over $100.00. That account had my step-dad's e-mail, which he doesn't even remember anymore as neither do I. But I deleted that account and made another one for a different name. It worked fine for a few months, but now it doesn't even work on my other accounts. I still have the games on my home screen but when I try to play them it says I need to purchase it again, I really hope you guys can explain how I can solve this without buying those games again.

Reply with answers please.

Message 1 of 3 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24503 posts

Re: Won't let me play a download on a different account after deleting the account i bought it on.

Oct 13, 2013

Deleting users

If there are multiple users, you can delete users who are no longer needed. Log in as the user whom you want to delete. Select the icon of the user, press the triangle button, and then select [Delete] from the options menu. When the user is deleted, the following types of data stored in the system storage that are managed by the user will be deleted.

• Data downloaded (purchased) from (PlayStation®Store), such as games or additional items for games*
  • Messages sent and received under (Friends)
  • Bookmarks, history and settings added under (Internet Browser)
  • Saved data for PlayStation®3 format software
  • Data saved in (PS Vita System Application Utility)
  • PS Vita backup files
  • Saved data for minigames ("minis")
  • Saved data for PSP™Game software
  • Information on the image that has been set as wallpaper under (Photo)
  • Words from the predictive text dictionary, text entered via the keyboard and other content saved under (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Add / Edit Term]
  • Keyboard or mouse settings that were set under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings)
  • Voice changer settings under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Voice Changer]
  • Theme, color, background and font settings under (Settings) > (Theme Settings)

Demos and other content downloaded for free from (PlayStation®Store) may not be deleted.

Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10756 posts

Re: Won't let me play a download on a different account after deleting the account i bought it on.

Oct 13, 2013

NBA_2k-playa wrote:

I had an account that I bought multiple games on: The Walking Dead, Fifa 13, and Dishonored. Which adds up to over $100.00. That account had my step-dad's e-mail, which he doesn't even remember anymore as neither do I. But I deleted that account and made another one for a different name. It worked fine for a few months, but now it doesn't even work on my other accounts. I still have the games on my home screen but when I try to play them it says I need to purchase it again, I really hope you guys can explain how I can solve this without buying those games again.

Reply with answers please.

You need to put the purchasing account back on the PS3.  The content likely still worked because the PS3 was still 'activated' under that account.  When you updated the firmware or something, that activation likely expired, and since the account is no longer on the PS3, the content stopped working.

The only way to use the content again without re-purchasing it is to put the account back on the PS3 and reactivating the PS3 on it.

Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)
0 Likes