Dec 18 2012
By: Darks_Queen First Son 1 posts

Wireless problem, help?

2 replies 184 views Edited Dec 18, 2012
Hey all, I've been looking for a solution for my problem on the web but I couldn't find anything useful so I thought maybe you guys could help me.

I have a wireless connection (Linksys router), and it works just fine when I play any of the Call of Duty series. But in other games, it simply SUCKS!

When I try playing Uncharted 3, it always gives me an error when it's syncing levels, so I can't even play online. In Driver, sometimes I see cars teleporting EVERYWHERE! And on Resident Evil 5, everyone lags to me, but I don't lag to them so I came up with this idea that my download speed is fine but the upload speed is not that good.

Oh yeah! My router is in the second floor right above my room, but the signal strength on my ps3 is 100% so I don't know if its affecting it or not.. Would it be better if I tried a wire connection? Is there a difference in the first place?

Does anyone know how to fix this? >.<
Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Re: Wireless problem, help?

Dec 18, 2012

a wired connection is always better if u can give it a try and c if theres a difference

Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18872 posts

Re: Wireless problem, help?

Dec 18, 2012

Darks_Queen wrote:
Hey all, I've been looking for a solution for my problem on the web but I couldn't find anything useful so I thought maybe you guys could help me.

I have a wireless connection (Linksys router), and it works just fine when I play any of the Call of Duty series. But in other games, it simply SUCKS!

When I try playing Uncharted 3, it always gives me an error when it's syncing levels, so I can't even play online. In Driver, sometimes I see cars teleporting EVERYWHERE! And on Resident Evil 5, everyone lags to me, but I don't lag to them so I came up with this idea that my download speed is fine but the upload speed is not that good.

Oh yeah! My router is in the second floor right above my room, but the signal strength on my ps3 is 100% so I don't know if its affecting it or not.. Would it be better if I tried a wire connection? Is there a difference in the first place?

Does anyone know how to fix this? >.<

While this isn't your first time around these parks my friend, let me |Welcome you to the PS CommunityDarks_Queen Smiley Wink

|Did this behavior started recently or has it always been like this?

|Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ run a test and then post your results here

|There are a lot of factors that can be causing this behavior. First lets deal with:

Ports

Games & Servers require for communications between them & the PS3 to be via specific ports; If these ports are being blocked by your router's firewall then your online gaming experience will suffer. The easiest way to fix this is by enabling UPnP on your router & on the PS3's Network setup.

-Check your router's manual on how to access web interface & enabling UPnP.
-For help with the PS3 Network setup use this interactive guide

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/977

PS3: Wired Vs Wireless

For many reasons, a wire connection will always be best. As far as the PS3 specs, the PS3 only supports wireless G [802.11g] which offers a data rate transmission of 54Mbps & it has a gigabit Ethernet port which offers an outstanding data rate transmission of 1Gbps.

With that said, if ports are the issues here then a wired connection will not solve the problem.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes