Highlighted
Dec 24 2012
By: DeRAnGeD_666 Lombax Warrior 94 posts
Accepted Solution

WipeOut HD Downloading Issues - HELP!

2 replies 338 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

I've never been so frustrated with my PS3 before!

So I decided to upgrade the hard drive in my PS3, since I am a new PS Plus member and my 80 GB drive wasn't cutting it, and before using the backup tool to backup my game saves, I deleted my games and game data from the PS3 system since it was going to take 5 hours to back all of that up. Figuring I could re-download my paid games, I backed up only my game saves and some other media, installed the new hard drive, restored everything no problem. 

I then went to the PS Store after everything was all done to re-download my games. A couple of games were giving me issues re-downloading, but I got past those. The one big issue I cannot fix for the life of me is WipeOut HD/Fury. I seemingly cannot download this game no matter what steps I try. 

My first step was that I went to the WipeOut HD main page on the PS Store, and selected to download the Full Game Bundle (I think it said Full Game + Addons). This however would only download the Fury Add On (and it was marked as being WipeOut 2048 Fury Add On for the Vita, which I also have). No matter what I tried or what option I selected, this was the only item that would download from the PS Store main page.

Looking online, I found others had this issue, specifically other people who selected WipeOut HD as one of the free "Welcome Back" games who also became PS Plus members (since the game bundle is offered for free there as well). I read that what you must do is go back into your Downloads list and find "WipeOut HD Demo" and "WipeOut HD Full Game Unlocker". I have both of those in my download list, so I downloaded the Demo first, and installed it. Then I downloaded the 100 kB Unlocker file, and that downloads but will NOT install. My PS3 recognizes this as a PSP or Vita file and it will not install to the hard drive. 

I tried running the Demo, and after downloading the 7 patches, the game boots up but then tells me I'm missing the "key file" that will allow me to play, and I must redownload that from my Downloads List. After deleting the Unlocker file that won't install from my Games List, I went to re-download it. Still will not install because it still thinks it is a PSP file. 

Basically, I cannot play WipeOut HD on my PS3 any longer, no matter what I do. It won't even let me re-purchase it from the Store, even though it was given to me for free. It won't even let me play the Demo as the Demo is looking for the Unlock Key, which will not install because my system thinks it is some sort of PSP or Vita file. 

If anyone could give me any help here, I would really appreciate it. 

Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: WipeOut HD Downloading Issues - HELP!

Dec 24, 2012
I commend you for actually looking into your problem prior to posting here; most don't. Anyways, download the game from the Download List located in your Account Management section of the XMB. Off the top of my head, I believe it's:
-PSN section of XMB->Account Management->Transaction Management->Download List.

Be sure to use that one, and not the store one. Hope it helps.
Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: WipeOut HD Downloading Issues - HELP!

Dec 24, 2012

Wow, that actually worked! Thank you so much! I have no idea why it would be any different from downloading via my Downloads list in the PS Store vs from the Account Management page, but it worked. You are a gentleman and a scholar and I thank you. 

Message 3 of 3 (308 Views)
0 Likes