Jul 15 2011
By: Agent-0008 Uncharted Territory 1542 posts

Will the PS network ever take cheating seriously?

2 replies 24 views Edited Jul 15, 2011

I've always been on board with SONY but my patience has about hit the end of the road, the rediculous things player can do in on-line play is ruining the games.  It use to be relaxing to sit back and enjoy playing on-line with SONY over the years but it seem that now so many groups want to take shots at SONY and disrupt anything it has control over that the games are getting to be totally disruppted and no longer enjoyable.

I don't know if I will finally bite the bullet and switch over to the other side and get that other system but at this point if SONY isn't willing to up it's control of it's system/servers I'm might have to do so.  I'm more then willing to pay for services that would allow me to be able to enjoy my system again if it would keep out those who look to gain and advantage other then what skill they have when playing straight up.

Say what you will but I just want to be able to enjoy myself again while playing on-line and not have to deal with players who are not on the up and up.

Message 1 of 3 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Will the PS network ever take cheating seriously?

Jul 15, 2011

Pretty sure the cheating would be over there as well... only this time, you'd be paying to be cheated.

About what particular games are you talking?

Message 2 of 3 (24 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17659 posts

Re: Will the PS network ever take cheating seriously?

Jul 15, 2011

Sony isn't in a position to do anything about cheating in any games that it doesn't publish itself.  It is up to the support team for the game, which works for the developer or publisher of the game, to police the game in whatever way they see fit.  As it is not a function of the platform owner to police online play, you can't escape cheating by playing the game on a different console.  There is cheating on all of them.  You should go to the support web site for the game to learn how to report cheating, and what the developer or publisher's policy is about it.  There is no use in complaining here.  No one from Sony that could do anything about your problem, even for Sony games, reads this forum.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (24 Views)
0 Likes