Highlighted
Aug 02 2013
By: StealthReborn-- Sackboy 572 posts
Accepted Solution

Will US game DLC vouchers work on Canadian account?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 1027 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

Hey everyone,

I may be moving from Canada to the US. I'm wondering when I lets say, buy a collectors edition of a game and it has DLC vouchers, would those vouchers work even though I have a Canadian account? 

I know disks will work fine, and would still have to buy Canadian PSN cards, but I'm not sure about the DLC vouchers since they can be codes only used for US. (Like PSN cards)

Any help is appreciated, thanks! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 4 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39149 posts

Re: Will US game DLC vouchers work on Canadian account?

Aug 2, 2013

StealthReborn-- wrote:

Hey everyone,

I may be moving from Canada to the US. I'm wondering when I lets say, buy a collectors edition of a game and it has DLC vouchers, would those vouchers work even though I have a Canadian account? 

I know disks will work fine, and would still have to buy Canadian PSN cards, but I'm not sure about the DLC vouchers since they can be codes only used for US. (Like PSN cards)

Any help is appreciated, thanks! Smiley Happy 

Yes. that will work fine for you, it is just PSN cards that don't cross the border, US DLC will work on a Canadian Account & vice versa because they are both considered part of North America (Region 1).

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (1,010 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 2, 2013

yes BRIT is correct Canada and USA are the same region so your safe for all your DLC

Message 3 of 4 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
572 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Perfect. Thanks again for the help. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4 (996 Views)
0 Likes