Oct 10 2013
By: Cj535OTF First Son 1 posts

Will PlayStation store purchased games work on PS4?

2 replies 234 views Edited Oct 10, 2013

So, say I bought "Watch Dogs" or "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" in the PlayStation store for download, will those titles I purchased on the PS3 work for the upcoming PS4. Just want to know before I waste any of my money. Essentially, are games I purchase in the PlayStation Store, compatible with PS$ through the cloud. Because I know your PSN account and trophies etc. transfer to the next gen consoles, just wish the same goes for PS Store purchased games.

Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: Will PlayStation store purchased games work on PS4?

Oct 10, 2013

Cj535OTF wrote:

So, say I bought "Watch Dogs" or "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" in the PlayStation store for download, will those titles I purchased on the PS3 work for the upcoming PS4. Just want to know before I waste any of my money. Essentially, are games I purchase in the PlayStation Store, compatible with PS$ through the cloud. Because I know your PSN account and trophies etc. transfer to the next gen consoles, just wish the same goes for PS Store purchased games.

PS3 games will NOT work on PS4. Let's say you bought ACIV on PS3. If you did, you would get a big discount for the PS4 version. Not many games are doing  that deal though. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30059 posts

Re: Will PlayStation store purchased games work on PS4?

Oct 10, 2013

If it runs on the PS3, then it doesn't run on the PS4.  For this year, it is as simple as that.  If you pre-order a PS4 game in the Playstation Store with your PS3, then obviously it will work on the PS4.  No PS3 game, whether on disc, or downloadable, will run on the PS4.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)