Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 18 2011
By: Bsnith First Son 3 posts

Will AT&T 4G work for playing PS3 online?

2 replies 1115 views Edited Oct 18, 2011

I have an HTC Inspire 4G with AT&T. I live in a rural area and have Wildblue internet that does not work for playing games online. My question is, will tethering my Inspire to my PS3 work for playing games online? If so, would 4gb of data be sufficient or would I need unlimited data which AT&T no longer offers?

Thanks.

Bsnith

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Will AT&T 4G work for playing PS3 online?

Oct 18, 2011

Didn't know AT&T even offered a 4GB.

It's fast enough, but there will definitely be more lag than if you had ISP lines running to your home.

Of course, it'll depend on how strong the signal is, how stable the signal is...

My cousins use 4G here, through Clear, which is a different technology than what AT&T uses, but they've got strong, stable signal, so it works fine for PS3 gaming online.  AT&T is supposed to be better than Clear. I know here in Texas their network is pretty fast in several of our cities.  Outside of Texas I hear people complaining that it was slower...  But still fast.

They have a desktop and a laptop, as well as the PS3 sharing the Clear 4G network.  They typically used about 14GB of data.  The laptop is used for homework and such, so uses relatively little data: around 1-2GB.  The desktop uses maybe 4-5GB of data.

The PS3 itself typically uses around 6-7GB of data a month, sometimes more. Depends on what my cousins end up doing nights and weekends.  Your usage will also vary...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Will AT&T 4G work for playing PS3 online?

Nov 25, 2012

I just got the metropcs 4G phone; coolpad quad. It plays smoothly suprisingly playing uncharted and tekken. I was really shocked on the speed. It didn't lag once and I played for like 5 hours. As far as usage, I don't know yet. The unlimited plan is only 10 bucks more but it is worth it because the speed is consist.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (975 Views)
0 Likes