Jun 25 2011
By: gomez1973 First Son 3 posts

Why won't this voucher work?

5 replies 690 views Edited Jun 25, 2011

I have a voucher code, which when I enter it under account management, or in the store, it says

"This PSN Card has a value of $50.00.

Do you want to add these funds to your wallet?

Yes

No.

When I choose yes, it says

"The funds could not be added to your  wallet"

O Back

This is not in the FAQs as to why it wont add them. So who can I email or call that can help with this. I am under the impression that this code was given to multiple people as compensation for the PSN being down, I base this only on a message I recieved from 1 person, and I don't know who sent the message to him, but it instructed the reader to send the message to all their friends. I just only have 1 friend on my PS3 as I dont play online often, but I do occasionally get stuff from the PSN store, and would really like to get these funds in my wallet, I have the master account, not a sub account.

Thanks in advance for the help,

gomez1973

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Why won't this voucher work?

Jun 25, 2011

gomez1973 wrote:

I am under the impression that this code was given to multiple people as compensation for the PSN being down, I base this only on a message I recieved from 1 person, and I don't know who sent the message to him, but it instructed the reader to send the message to all their friends.

The problem is that Sony did not give anyone any amount of money because of the outage.

Your friend received junk mail/spam, and sent it t you.

Sony gave only free content because of the outage.  No money. No PSN Money vouchers.

Delete it and move on with life.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 25, 2011

This issue has not stopped or even slowed down my life, I just wanted to know why the code says it has a value of $50, but won't add it to my wallet, with no explanation as to why. If you don't know solar then thats ok, if you didn't reply in the first place the only person that would have known that you didn't know the answer to the question would have been you. Now everyone knows, so if you get on with life and let someone who can give an educated answer answer without the hostility. Sorry you didn't get the useless $50 code.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 25, 2011

gomez1973 wrote:

This issue has not stopped or even slowed down my life, I just wanted to know why the code says it has a value of $50, but won't add it to my wallet, with no explanation as to why. If you don't know solar then thats ok, if you didn't reply in the first place the only person that would have known that you didn't know the answer to the question would have been you. Now everyone knows, so if you get on with life and let someone who can give an educated answer answer without the hostility. Sorry you didn't get the useless $50 code.

lol, i'm telling you its not working because it's not a real thing.  The code itself probably was used already by the person that purchased it, and its no longer valid.

hahah, you're spending an awful lot of time on that voucher, which is why i say move on with life.

My response was in no way hostile, and not meant to be hostile.

If you want a hostile response, keep posting and asking about the voucher and someone who is not me will eventually fulfill your request.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 25, 2011

for something thats not real, it really says it has a $50 value, not that this code is no longer valid. I reference the word probably in your response. If it has been used, would it not say that? I don't use the cards, this is the first time I have input a code to try to redeem, and the fact that it just says "these funds could not be added to your wallet" isn't an explanation as to why it cant be added. In the FAQs they refernce what the message is if its incorrectly typed, if your wallets full, etc.. the response I get when I try to add it isn't listed, so I just wanted to know why, thats it, no lost sleep, I have had the code for almost a month now, and this is the first day I've bothered to try and figure out why it wont add the funds when it says the code is valid.

Thanks for all the replies

gomez

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 27, 2011

gomez1973 wrote:

for something thats not real, it really says it has a $50 value, not that this code is no longer valid. I reference the word probably in your response. If it has been used, would it not say that? I don't use the cards, this is the first time I have input a code to try to redeem, and the fact that it just says "these funds could not be added to your wallet" isn't an explanation as to why it cant be added. In the FAQs they refernce what the message is if its incorrectly typed, if your wallets full, etc.. the response I get when I try to add it isn't listed, so I just wanted to know why, thats it, no lost sleep, I have had the code for almost a month now, and this is the first day I've bothered to try and figure out why it wont add the funds when it says the code is valid.

Thanks for all the replies

gomez

I know when you try to redeem a code via the account manager website, it tells if it has been redeemed before.

But the fact remains, that the code is not valid now, and if it ever was it was redeemed and redeemed once.  Sony is not sending out these codes to people because of the outage, Sony does not send these codes out to multiple people, and it is just spam/junk being passed around now.  And these have been going around long before the outage (it's just been recently reworded for the outage) and I'm not sure what anyone gains by sending them out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes