First Son
1 posts

Re: Why won't the Store accept my credit card?

Jun 28, 2010

I'm having this problem, but worse. I went to check my bank account online to see if there was a problem on that end, and I found SEVEN $1 charges from PSN! Under description it says: "CC PLAYSTATION NETWORK877-971-7669 CA" followed by a seemingly random 12-digit number.

And yes, every single time I've tried entering my information, no matter how many little tweaks I've made, it has said that my information is invalid.

I'm starting to see why people say that Xbox Live is so superior.

Message 21 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 9, 2010

I have the same problem. The account has been locked three times.   PSN support actually hung up on me!  Great customer service!

Message 22 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Also, make sure you don't joint the military.  They won't let you use a military address.  Thanks, **bleep**s.

Message 23 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2010

BlutoF-15 wrote:

Also, make sure you don't joint the military.  They won't let you use a military address.  Thanks, **bleep**s.

What!?! I'm moving to Germany but I'll be living off base so I might get a German address.

Message 24 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2010

Airman7 wrote:

BlutoF-15 wrote:

What!?! I'm moving to Germany but I'll be living off base so I might get a German address.

Maybe I'll just keep a card in the U.S.

Message 25 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2010

Thank you, years later that problem still exists and that solution still applies. Thanks again.

Message 26 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2010

I have had this same problem as well.  I think it's because my State is abbreviated on my billing side, but Sony's website spells the full name out.  Support gave me no help at all.  I told them that it works fine w/ my Nintendo products & that Sony is losing big bucks, because we would have purchased a lot of games for our PSP.  We were going to buy a PS3 for my son for Christmas, but not if we can't use our credit card.

Message 27 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2013

WT Eff?? I have a job, more than enough money in my accounts and this system won't let me GIVE them money!?? All I want to do is add funds to my wallet and PSN won't take my newer account information. It says that it's invalid. I WISH it was invalid, so that my car insurance, dumb smart phone, mortgage, cable and other bills wouldn't go through!!! But...every other corporation in the world is HAPPY to take my money with the two cards I've tried updating my wallet with here. The last thing I want to do is sit on hold for customer service just to buy a 99 cent character for my game. Has anyone found an easy solution to this?

Message 28 of 32 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 15, 2013

ok i figured it out i was spelling my address in as 1416 e 9th st, and  i changed it to 1416 east ninth street and that took care of the problem....i also took out my middle initial but im pretty sure that didnt effect it, its all about the billing address

Message 29 of 32 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I just spent the past two hours bouncing back and forth between my banking provider and Playstation, and I am utterly disappointed. I had to try and figure out my exact address that was on my account, figured out that playstation won't accept PO boxes, had to get transferred over and over, call them back over and over, it was annoying. I just wanted to use my 30 Day trial of Playstation Plus. And I can't because I refuse to switch back to my residential address on my card, cause mail people are idiots and don't know how to put mail in the right mailbox over here. I want to set up my billing information for PSN, but I also want to receive my bank statements and not have to track people down and ask "did you get my mail by mistake?" Yes, there are always the PSN cards, but I'd rather be able to do it all from my console. What a waste of time. Didn't have this much trouble with Xbox Live.

Message 30 of 32 (171 Views)
0 Likes