Survivor
2617 posts

Re: Why won't the Store accept my credit card?

Nov 26, 2007

Ragnarok-SGO wrote:
Wrangler06
Tks for the advice; I've been checking about this on the account management site, and even on the PStore (online one); and so far i haven't found Mexico listed there. I believe that this is because SONY may have some problems with the mexican banking accounts. It's not the first time that I can't buy online. I hope that they can expand the support for latinamerican people, so that we can also buy from them online.

I'm not sure, but it may have to do with the number of PS3's that have been sold in the region as too rather
or not they can access the PStore.  Hopefully they will make the store available to you soon.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PSN ID:Wrangler06 (DFA WarHawk Team Leader) **The DFA WarHawk clan wants you!!**
*Click the link and check us out, or send me a PM if you're interested.*
You Should be Folding@Home Team # 55265
"A man is a god in ruins."-RWE
Message 11 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Nov 28, 2007

Soulwatcher1974 wrote:

Blaker wrote:
I need help iv try calling sony they dont know whats the problem . it allways says invaid credit card

I think I know the problem, if you live in a apartment or try to add part of your address on line 2 it wont accept your credit card. Put all of your address (street and apartment #) on line 1 and you should be fine.

Or try this...you may have better luck than me on this...

Check your credit card statement and look at the address they have listed...is your street address listed or is it a PO Box?

If it's a PO Box..have the address on the account changed to your street address..

Im using a debit card and my bank statement has my PO Box listed. Sony and my bank's customer support told me to get the address changed to my street address and it should go through because the system does not recognize PO Boxes..mine is in the process of changing so I will try it again sometime this week to add my card to my PS Store account.

The Underground lives on...

Add me on PSN if you want to.

Message 12 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 29, 2007
I had the same problem updating my credit card information. After calling the customer service, the rep asked me to call my credit card company to see if they support address verification, or remove the apartment number from the address line when entering billing address info. Other than that, they didn't offer much help. But that gave me the idea that maybe they added this new billing address verification to PlayStation Store recently, and now the system will check to see if the billing address and name you entered match the ones on your credit card. I ended up having to check my credit card statement and put in the exact same address to the letter into my PlayStation Store billing info, then it finally worked.

So looks like not only your credit company needs to support address verification, but you'll also have to use the exact same address on your credit card statement to make it work. Hope this info helps.
Message 13 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Nov 29, 2007
Does the address you put in the same as the one that gets the bill for the card?

Message 14 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Nov 29, 2007
I am having the same problem too, i have tried everything, from different cards, typed the exact address from my statement, nothing seems to work. I would think it would be easy to get this set up, instead it is a pain in the ass to do.
Message 15 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Nov 29, 2007

Boricubano82 wrote:
I am having the same problem too, i have tried everything, from different cards, typed the exact address from my statement, nothing seems to work. I would think it would be easy to get this set up, instead it is a pain in the ass to do.

I would contact Sony Tech Support.

Message 16 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 29, 2007
I think it may be case-sensitive too. Here are some things to check,

1. Name

Your name may be Michael J. Fox, but the name on the credit card may just be Michael Fox. Or it may show up on your credit card online profile as MICHAEL FOX. (Check your credit card online account and copy and paste your name to the PSN billing info page.)

2. Address

You may have a street address like 123-45 123 Ave Apt 3C, but you credit card online profile may show it as 12345 123 AVE 3C. Just go to your credit card online account and do copy and paste again (that's what I did to get it working). And make sure you paste the address into address line 1 field only, PSN doesn't seem to like the text you put into address line 2. Then do the same copy and paste thing for the city field (it maybe case sensitive).

Message 17 of 32 (1,162 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Nov 29, 2007
A-HA! I'm having this same problem, and I'm putting the apt. number on the 2nd line!! Now I just need to wait for it to actually let me try to add again (It says I need to wait... I wish I could get that reset)

Thanks to the folks in this thread, hopefully my problem will be solved soon!
Message 18 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 13, 2010

Thank You!  Putting it all on the same line fixed it for me!!!

Message 19 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 16, 2010

I made another account and mine still didnt work. I also tried two cards and it still didnt work,PSN is starting to piss me off!!

Message 20 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes