Feb 13 2012
By: BaronVonSpooge First Son 4 posts

Why must i buy my free Welcome Back games?

4 replies 29 views Edited Feb 13, 2012

I downloaded infamous as one of my free ps3 games in the welcome back free game giveaway.  It worked fine after i bought it for a 6 months or so but now it is saying i have to buy it at full price to play it. The other free ps3 game i purchased works just fine, so why is infamous different? Need to know whats up so i can finish finding all the blast shards!!!

Message 1 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31707 posts

Re: Why must i buy my free Welcome Back games?

Feb 13, 2012

When you say "it is now saying I have to buy it at full price'" what do you mean exactly, are you geting some error message, what happens when you load up the game?

Message 2 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 14, 2012

When i try to start the game, it says this content can be used if i renew the license in playstation store. doesnt even load up just straight to that screen

Message 3 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17586 posts

Feb 15, 2012

That probably should not have happened, but it isn't necessarily a problem.  The way that you renew the license is to download the game again from the Playstation Store.  The Playstation Store will detect that the game is already installed during the activation phase, and just renew the license. The game won't actually be downloaded again, unless you delete it.  As long as the game is still in your Downloads List in the Playstation Store, you haven't lost it.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 16, 2012

well i feel like a horses patoot lol i know whats up with the game. i thought i had gotten infamous with my free game credit but it was my exwife who had purchased it, so when i deleted her acct off my machine....bobs your uncle, no more access to infamous. well thanks for playing fellas. lol feel free to ridicule me for my ignorance

Message 5 of 5 (29 Views)
0 Likes