Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 23 2011
By: bootah222 First Son 1 posts

? Why cant i get on ps network? It keeps timing out.

2 replies 49 views Edited Oct 23, 2011

I Have Internet connection, reset the pw but I still can't get on PS network? What do I do?

Message 1 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30319 posts

Re: ? Why cant i get on ps network? It keeps timing out.

Oct 24, 2011

bootah222 wrote:

I Have Internet connection, reset the pw but I still can't get on PS network? What do I do?

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You're going to have to give us a little more information, for example what happens/what results do you get when you perform an internet connection test?

Message 2 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: ? Why cant i get on ps network? It keeps timing out.

Oct 24, 2011

Hey bootah222, when did you start having problems? I've been down for over two weeks and can't get any help. Everything else works fine but cannot log into PSN to play games. I'd say one in ten tries, I can sign into PSN, but only for about one minute. I cannot play any games online, it never connects while in a game. I've tried everything on these forums for configuring my router to no avail. I even replaced my router, still no good. I took my playstation to another house, still no go. I've power cycled, created a new account, updated my playstation, restored, rebuilt the database, formatted and still cannot connect to the PSN. I've checked connections, I tried alternate configurations with manual IP settings, tried differnet DNS settings, tried wired and wireless connections and nothing matters. This started around the same time as the Oct.7 outage and the symptoms are identical to that outage and the Sept.21 one. Sony refuses to admit they have anything to do with this so you might be SOL. If you have any ideas or get some info, i'd love to hear it because I am out of ideas and like I said, Sony will just tell you power cycle and that it's your ISP's fault, even though it's definitely on their end.

Additional info: I have been able to connect to my accounts online. When I first started experiencing the problems, I noticed I had no friends in my friends list. A day or so later, I noticed they were back. The entire time, I was (and still am) unable to connect to the playstation network through my ps3.

Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes