Nov 07 2013
By: hammerrw First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Why can't Sony get the NHL Live App to work properly?

1 replies 190 views Edited Nov 7, 2013

This has been going on for ever (literally years). It constantly buffers and stutters. Not just on PS3 but other Sony devices (Blueray players). It's talked about on other forums. Its like the server is too small to handle the streaming demand. If its NHL.com's fault, Sony should be working with them to get it fixed. I have my PS3 wired, Netflix App works great. My wife's Apple TV NHL APP is flawless. Come on Sony, if Apple can do it so can you! Streaming live TV is huge and if Sony products can't do this properly, people are going to but other products that can.

Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
5904 posts

Re: Why can't Sony get the NHL Live App to work properly?

Nov 8, 2013

hammerrw wrote:

This has been going on for ever (literally years). It constantly buffers and stutters. Not just on PS3 but other Sony devices (Blueray players). It's talked about on other forums. Its like the server is too small to handle the streaming demand. If its NHL.com's fault, Sony should be working with them to get it fixed. I have my PS3 wired, Netflix App works great. My wife's Apple TV NHL APP is flawless. Come on Sony, if Apple can do it so can you! Streaming live TV is huge and if Sony products can't do this properly, people are going to but other products that can.

Hi hammerrw,

If your other apps behave normally, this sounds like it is more an issue with the NHL app. 

Here's a link NHL gamecenter live support.  They may have tips to improve your stream quality and it's possible your feedback can help them fine tune their services.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gclfaq.htm

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)
0 Likes