Jun 11 2013
By: ismashu1994 Splicer 85 posts

Why can't I sell my psn account?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 1314 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

I already sold my ps3 I want my psn account gone to. I mean I bought the games/add-on on it sony didn't have anything to do with me buying the games/add on on my account so why aren't I allowed to sell it? I just wanna start a fresh new psn once I get ps4 because the name for my psn is really starting to annoy me. As people don't get I made that account once I was 17 so I wasn't thinking straight of what I wanted to make the user name.

If sony would let me change my user name I don't need to sell it. I just want to change my user name that is why I want to sell my psn id and make  new one later on.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Why can't I sell my psn account?

Jun 11, 2013
call sony to get the info you want. worst they could say is "no, its not possible to change your screen name"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,301 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

I mean they could charge me to change my username for like $5, I would buy that to change my username :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,294 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

Jun 11, 2013

because you can't.

its in violations of Sony Terms of Service.

And, you can't change your account name for money.... this isn't Xbox live

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,240 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I know I can't that is why I am asking why I can't sell my account. I mean sony doesn't waste money or anything for me to open an account. I am the one who is wasting money on my psn account so shouldn't I have the rights to sell it?

You know the PS4 is going to make you open a psplus membership to play multiplayer just like xbox live?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 11, 2013

who says you cant? cheapassgamer.com if your selling said account i dont see how u can be bound by the terms of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 22, 2013
You can do whatever you want with your account. It doesn't belong to Sony, it belongs to you, along with your games, movies or whatever else you may have.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1423 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Umm, in your first sentence you said you sold it. Then you said if you were able to change your user name you would'nt sell it.

So do you still have it or no?

In any case you can setup new accounts on the ps3 you may still have.Not exactly sure how many you can do,I have 4 as of now.

On the far left on xmb choose create new user then follow each step then pick whatever screen name you want.

NOTE: You will need another email to do this.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13159 posts

Jun 22, 2013

You can't sell your PSN account, because Sony never sold it to you in the first place, so you don't own it.  Sony owns the account.  It is just allowing you to use it because it feels like it.  The terms and conditions document that you agreed to when you created your account explicitly states that you don't own the account, and that you have no right to transfer it.  If you can get someone to pay you for it, then fine; but it is basically the same as selling them the Brooklyn Bridge.  Someone can pay you for the PSN account, but Sony will never recognize him as the rightful owner.  He will just be impersonating you.  To do that long term, he will need to know the date-of-birth and security question answer that was registered with the account.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes