Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 13 2011
By: Dulithgx First Son 20 posts

Why can't I join friend's parties (CoD) on PSN?

11 replies 16192 views Edited Oct 13, 2011

Okay, so I hav a ps3 120gb and a belkin router. Its connected by wireless. The problem I have is when i'm playing mw2 or black ops or any other game online, I can't party up with most friends (only works with some) and in Mw2 and Black ops it says my NAT Type is OPEN and its NAT type 2.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

Message 1 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Re: Why can't I join friend's parties (CoD) on PSN?

Oct 13, 2011

Check to see whether their party type is closed or open then check to see whether their party is full or open.

Message 2 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 14, 2011

their party is open and it's not full. I just cant join. it says 'Error connecting to host'

Message 3 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 14, 2011

It may be the connection to your friends then, if you live in a smaller town they may not have as much connection, also check obsturctions while you connect. If nothing applies to you it may be a matchmaking glitch, (Treyarc's problem)

Message 4 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 14, 2011

I live in a pretty big town and have fast internet and everything and my friends can join each other and their other friends. It's just me. Sometimes I get a friend to host (that i can connect to) and i tell my other friend to join but we can't party up with just us 2.

Message 5 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 15, 2011

I have the same problem as you.

I can't join with some of my friends in CoD - Black Ops, MWF 2, GTA 4 and AC Brotherhood.

But if i try to join with them in Red Dead Redemption or Dead Rising i can!

why this happen?

We live close each other and we have a good connection...

Our NAT is type 2...

Message 6 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 15, 2011

Yea. one of my friends i can't join is actually my neighbour.

Message 7 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Oct 15, 2011

Are they all adult psn accounts, not a sub for an underage child?  These games may more aggresively enforce the age interaction restriction or parental controls.

Quick answer, try a wired connection and see what happens.  You may have to open up specific ports for certain games or possibly put the ps3 into a DMZ on the router, you should check out the psn connection faq in the support section. 

Make sure that your router is properly firmware upgraded and set up properly, maybe include information about the make and model and age of said device; to let people possibly help you, just saying it doesn't work is like asking me what is at the center of the universe....puppies and rainbows as far as I know.

color tag 001

Message 8 of 12 (16,192 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Oct 17, 2011

They must have adult accounts because they can party up with each other and i can party up with some of them but not all. And i will try the ports and DMZ thanks.

Message 9 of 12 (16,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2012

i cant connect to  my friends either i have 100% connection and i still cant i have been trying to figure out why and for a while i thought it was the channle i was on im on 11 and the friendsi cant connect to is on 6. if you go to seetings and then connectoin you shoud see status list and tha tells you your connection strenght and every thing else but i still cant connect to my friends on all the cod but i can connect on plation home. you can try this have another friend you can connect to be the host that can connect to you and your other friend you cant connect to he will be in your lobby but if you have a mic and he dose you will not be able to hear him its complicated i hate it as much as you i have been trying to find out why i cant connect for  yeras but i still have not found out

Message 10 of 12 (15,826 Views)
0 Likes