Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 13 2013
By: ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 First Son 13 posts

Why am/was I on PSNProfiles.com

3 replies 1501 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

Hello,

Let me start by saying my PSN Profile is ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 and I recently was shown that my account was on www.PSNProfiles.com even though I never signed up on it. So I took a deep look and it updated all my trophies I had/have earned and yet I never even knew of this website so I tried logging in but it said I had to register because my profile (ICE_KOLD_KILLA92) wasn't on there already. I don't know those guys are doing and how they got my account on there and I'm wondering how many others are on there too because a lot of my friends are on there yet I'm pretty sure they never signed up for it but I'll make sure to ask them. So anyway, I signed up to try and delete my account from there permanently. Apparently I can't do it myself so I asked them to do so. The "boss" of the website replied saying "It's public data, anyone can be on there. You'll be removed shortly.". So yeah. Is this true? Can any website add our PSN Profile with the updated data (trophies, about me, etc) without our permission? The website is there for a reason. To offer a service in exchange of money (not directly from its users but from other means obviously). So they need profiles on their leaderboards. So they just swap up profiles with trophies and add them there? That's **bleep**ed up. I'll be contacing PlayStation through the Live Customer Support (chat) about this. Anyone notice this? Some may not care but I never agreed to me on there so why should I be on there.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,501 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Why am/was I on PSNProfiles.com

Apr 13, 2013
stop trying to hide that you play magic orbz all night :smileywink:
we ALL wanna know your public trophies profile information achivement!

XDD
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
290 posts

Re: Why am/was I on PSNProfiles.com

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

So anyway, I signed up to try and delete my account from there permanently. Apparently I can't do it myself so I asked them to do so. The "boss" of the website replied saying "It's public data, anyone can be on there. You'll be removed shortly.". So yeah. Is this true? Can any website add our PSN Profile with the updated data (trophies, about me, etc) without our permission?

Yes. The trophy servers are public and the trophy sites know how to pull data from them. Anyone can retrieve anyone else's trophy list through those sites just by putting in a PSN name.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (1,456 Views)
0 Likes