Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 07 2012
By: Dangerou5Player3 First Son 4 posts

Why Is My Internet Connection So Slow!? Help.

5 replies 306 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

Alright, My ISP is providng me 5mbps, and when I ran the scan in the computer the results was 4.90mbps. Then when I run the scan in the PS3 it tell me 4.7mbps... So I don't understand what's happening...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (306 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28649 posts

Re: Why Is My Internet Connection So Slow!? Help.

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Dangerou5Player3 wrote:

Alright, My ISP is providng me 5mbps, and when I ran the scan in the computer the results was 4.90mbps. Then when I run the scan in the PS3 it tell me 4.7mbps... So I don't understand what's happening...

Those sound about spot on actually.

If your ISP is providing you with 5Mpps & you're getting 4.9 & 4.7 respectively that's pretty darn close.

If you're not happy with your ISP or the speed they are providing you then I would suggest looking into increasing that speed with another package from your same ISP if it's avaialble, if not perhaps look elsewhere for a different provider altogether.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Well since you put it that way, maybe you're right. I used to have 3mbps, and it work pretty decent. When playing Battlefield 3 never lag me before, and that's having 3mbps, and how is that I recently switch to 5mbps, and now it lags... what you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (288 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28649 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Dangerou5Player3 wrote:

Well since you put it that way, maybe you're right. I used to have 3mbps, and it work pretty decent. When playing Battlefield 3 never lag me before, and that's having 3mbps, and how is that I recently switch to 5mbps, and now it lags... what you think?

I hate to say it but I think I am, 4.9 & 4.7 are as I said pretty darn close to the projected speed of 5.00 your ISP are providing you.

As for why BF3 lags now & not before, that's a difficult one to answer, does it always lag or just sometimes, could it be worse at say busier times of the day, are there other things also connected to your internet at home using the bandwidth?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Yes, maybe. and no, I have even tried connecting the PS3 directly to the modem, and I get the same reading... so I think you are right. Thanks for your time and help. I appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28649 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Dangerou5Player3 wrote:

Yes, maybe. and no, I have even tried connecting the PS3 directly to the modem, and I get the same reading... so I think you are right. Thanks for your time and help. I appreciate it.

You're very welcome.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (273 Views)
0 Likes