Jan 23 2014
By: HuMHeRo First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Why Can't I Redeem PlayStation Plus Trial on a PC?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 660 views Edited Jan 23, 2014

So I have a Playstation Plus 7 day trial code that I want to redeem so I can download free games such as Resogun. However, I don't have a PS3 or a PS4, how can I redeem the code?

I already tried the PSN Store on PC and the Account Managemant site and it says basically it can't be redeemned on a pc. How come?

I really need to use this code before it expires and I don't have any console to do so and the online on pc isn't working.

--

Meowstro edit: Updated title to be more descriptive.

Message 1 of 8 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Playstation Plus

Jan 23, 2014

HuMHeRo wrote:

So I have a Playstation Plus 7 day trial code that I want to redeem so I can download free games such as Resogun. However, I don't have a PS3 or a PS4, how can I redeem the code?

I already tried the PSN Store on PC and the Account Managemant site and it says basically it can't be redeemned on a pc. How come?

I really need to use this code before it expires and I don't have any console to do so and the online on pc isn't working.

You'll have to either pay for PlayStation Plus or get to a PS3 or PS4 for the purpose of redeeming that code while signed into your PSN ID.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 8 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jan 23, 2014

HuMHeRo wrote:

The code is only redeemable on a PS3, PS4, or PS Vita.

You need a PS4 to play Resogun, and unless you are gonna get a PS4 soon, then you're not gonna be able to play Resogun, because the subscription will expire. Also requires a credit card.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 3 of 8 (650 Views)
Sackboy
457 posts

Jan 23, 2014
If you have an Vita or PSP laying around you redeem it on those too

Message 4 of 8 (649 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Jan 23, 2014

If in the PC store website it's not redeemable then it's because there is something wrong with the code

Try contacting Playstation support here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/

They will tell you what the problem is and if it neccesary, they will give you another code

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8 (647 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Moved from PS General.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (627 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Why Can't I Redeem PlayStation Plus Trial on a PC?

Jan 23, 2014

I have a PSP Slim 2000 with the latest firmware, would I be able to redeem my code on it?

Message 7 of 8 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Re: Why Can't I Redeem PlayStation Plus Trial on a PC?

Jan 23, 2014

HuMHeRo wrote:

I have a PSP Slim 2000 with the latest firmware, would I be able to redeem my code on it?

Yep. My friend redeemd his one year PS+ code on his PSP 1000 a week ago.

Message 8 of 8 (601 Views)