Jun 30 2013
By: KemetMan72-_ Sackboy 587 posts

Where is Fatal Frame 2?

9 replies 242 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

Let's get real about this it's been like 6 weeks. I can't get a refund but you guys are churning out complete crap when it comes to the PS2 Classics. Only one exception recently, Castlevania Lament of Innocence. I want an ETA and not a duuuuuhhh I don't know. I have called Sony but you guys hire useless people there. Completely a waste...trophies % aren't working...duuuuuuhhh...we can't TS that. WTH can you people do besides take our money deliver a complete mess of a game and not even give someone a refund when this should've been priority one. Without the customer you are nothing. 

Now please if anyone has a clue to what's the ETA for a fixed copy of FF2 please do tell. Thank you!

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 1 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Where is Fatal Frame 2?

Jul 1, 2013

These things take time and if they had an ETA it would have been posted already. I would expect 2-6 months before it becomes available again.

Message 2 of 10 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jul 1, 2013

I hear you. I've been waiting patiently for a fix, but i guess it takes a lot more time that we would like. I just hope they haven't forgotten about it.

Message 3 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29453 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

You do know that the Fatal Frame series was published by Tecmo Koei, and not Sony, right?  Sony doesn't know when an update to Fatal Frame II will be available in the Playstation Store, because it isn't up to Sony to decide when that happens.  The game will be available when, and if, Tecmo Koei decides to make it available.  Sony can't demand that information from Tecmo Koei, so it can't give it to you when you demand it.  You should be asking Tecmo Koei when its game will be available in the Playstation Store. Otherwise it is like asking the manager at Best Buy when the next Jay-Z album is coming out.  How is he supposed to know?  He just runs a store that sells CDs.  He doesn't work for Def Jam records.

GKP
Message 4 of 10 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jul 1, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

You do know that the Fatal Frame series was published by Tecmo Koei, and not Sony, right?  Sony doesn't know when an update to Fatal Frame II will be available in the Playstation Store, because it isn't up to Sony to decide when that happens.  The game will be available when, and if, Tecmo Koei decides to make it available.  Sony can't demand that information from Tecmo Koei, so it can't give it to you when you demand it.  You should be asking Tecmo Koei when its game will be available in the Playstation Store. 

Eh, the game has already been released on PSN, but they had to take it down because the emulation was broken. 

We are just wondering when are they going to release a fixed version, that's all. Sony is in charge of publishing and QA testing PS2 Classics, so they are the ones that must respond to this.

Message 5 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29453 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Sony isn't responsible for fixing the game. That is Tecmo Koei's job. And Tecmo Koei is under no obligation to fix it.  Sony can take down the broken one, but it can't make Tecmo Koei release a fixed version.  That will happen if, and when, Tecmo Koei gets around to it. 

GKP
Message 6 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Still QA should've rejected it in the first place. Also people should be able to get their money back on a completely flawed product that SONY let be uploaded to their servers. I was told all digital sales are final. Poor customer relations support.
Message 7 of 10 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Exactly. They had the guts to charge us for a broken product, so that makes them responsible in my book. They are the publishers! If they have to call Tecmo to fix it or do it themselves that's not my problem, i just want the game, which i payed for, to work like it should.

And please don't come up with "if they can or want to fix it" **bleep**. It's not a matter of if they can or want to do it, because they HAVE to do it, it's their job and responsability to make sure these things don't happen in the first place, so don't give me that crap. I know my rights as consumer.

Message 8 of 10 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Jul 6, 2013

they are giving refunds. just ask for one. ix you cant even pick up the phone to call sony because you bought it from another region so honestly you have no room to talk. thats on you. tecmo hasnt even responded, that should tell you something. your money is refundable for this. for those of us who purchased it LEGIT. 

Equality for all
Message 9 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

they are giving refunds. just ask for one. ix you cant even pick up the phone to call sony because you bought it from another region so honestly you have no room to talk. thats on you. tecmo hasnt even responded, that should tell you something. your money is refundable for this. for those of us who purchased it LEGIT. 

Eh Actually i bought it from my regional PS store (i have a sub-account specifically for this). I purschased a region-locked pre-paid card, so even if i wanted to i couldn't use this money to buy from the US or EU Store or whatever.  I purchased it "legit". There is Sony customer support where i live, but for some reason it doesn't cover stuff related to Play Station. So i can't ask for refunds.

It's not on me, trust me if i could live in a first-world country where all these services are fully available and functional, i wouldn't be wasting my time with this. Not every one of us had the luck to live with such commodities. And honestly, even if i could ask for refunds, i would rather have a fully functional digital copy of Fatal Frame 2 in my collection.

Anyway, this issue has going on for too long and at this point i just don't care. They'll keep saying that a fix is coming, and some of you will keep saying that i should ask for refunds, but neither of those things are likely to happen. Indeed, i'm stuck with a broken product, but fortunately it's just a game, and a relatively cheap one at that. It's not like i had to sell my liver so i could afford it, and i can't deny that i still had fun with it Smiley Very Happy So yeah life goes on.

I only hope that this situation does not repeat in the future.

Message 10 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes