Highlighted
Jun 05 2011
By: vuur150 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Welcome back Infamous +/- 2000 min to download???

11 replies 517 views Edited Jun 5, 2011

Hey all, you all know the welcome back program and you all probably picked InFAMOUS, so did i.

My problem is, though that when i try to start the download for InFAMOUS, it takes around 1 thousand or 2 thousand minutes to download, impossible, not even at 5% it usally kicks me out of PS store with an error starting with 80D, this is not the problem though because this usally happens and its usally already 1 hour in the download.

This problem only occurs for InFAMOUS, i am currently downloading Little Big Planet 1 which, at the moment, is at 10% with 85 minutes left, a normal download time for a full Playstation game.

I'm pretty sure InFAMOUS is working for the most people because 2 of my friends are playing it, am i the only one with the problem and if its a well known problem, how do i solve it?

Please help,

vuur150

Message 1 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Re: Welcome back Infamous +/- 2000 min to download???

Jun 5, 2011

I am currently attempting to download inFAMOUS as well.  I started downloaded the game around 11 eastern time and it is now two and a half hours later and it is not even half download.  When it first started downloading it started at 674 mins till the game would be downloaded.

Message 2 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 5, 2011

same for me... infamous is taking forever!!   my question is that if I lose power will I be able to d-load it later,  or will I lose my chance?

Message 3 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2740 posts

Jun 5, 2011

SilentSmee wrote:

same for me... infamous is taking forever!!   my question is that if I lose power will I be able to d-load it later,  or will I lose my chance?

You will be able to download later. it will be in your download list.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 4 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 5, 2011

sweet!   thanx    there's a bad storm brewing up here  and I just know the power is gonna go out  LOL

Message 5 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 5, 2011

2000 minutes!?  Thats with 3 zeros, right?  jesus H Chist, I got mine in about 3-4 hours.  I started te DL before I went to sleep Friday night about 1030 pm, woke up between 2 an230 and it was finished.  it takes a while to install too, maybe 20 minutes or so. 

either way, thanks SONY for the free games.  I honestly woul have NEVER played inFAMOUS or WipEout HD if they hadnt given them for free.  I didnt want to pay $27 for a gme as old as inFAMOUS, although I asumed there was a reason behind it holding value so well, consiering theres no MP. 

I already have LBP and Dead nation, so my 2nd choice was like a meh choice.  But I am really enjoying WipEout HD.  I still dont understand all there is to it, like Zone Races and how to charge shield and whatnot, but its alot of fun.  My son likes it too.

Kudos to SCE

Message 6 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 5, 2011

That happened to me too, but it was 900 min. and at 99% downloading, the error appeared.

Message 7 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Jun 5, 2011

LittleBigPlanet only has around 2 GB and InFamous takes up to 7 GB. LittleBigPlanet Download time is like the PSN Games because the GB is around the same, LBP doesn't take that much.

InFamous however takes a long time. However, if the Percentage goes slow. I suggest Restarting the System. My Game Download was taking too long until I restarted and it increased the Speed.

Also, are you Downloading this via Playstation Store? I also suggest doing "Background Download" since you wrote you got an Error from the Playstation Store. Try Background Download, much better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 8 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Jun 5, 2011

I've noticed it also depends on what time you are on can vary download times. If on during times of peak usage the download times can be slower.

I generally wait until late in the evening (after 10 PM PDT) to do PSN downloads.

Message 9 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 5, 2011

I am into my third attempted install of InFAMOUS. Each download took around 100 minutes, followed by a 15-20 install. The issue I have is that near the end of the install process, around 97-99% complete with the installation, an error message comes up and I am finding that only around 6600 MB has been installed. I have enough memory on my Hard Drive and was wondering if anyone else was having this issue and/or any remedies to resolve?

Message 10 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Likes