Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2012
By: amiaturtle Monster Hunter 38 posts
Accepted Solution

Welcome Back Games Won't Install

[ Edited ]
4 replies 232 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

I've recently purchased another PS3 and redownloaded most my games to it. Only thing is that my "Welcome Back Games" won't intall into my PS3. When you try to install it asks that you connect the PSP so that content may be transferred, only problem is that these are PS3 games and not PSP games. They are working fine on my older PS3 but they were never deleted so I haven't had the need to download them and install them again.

I called PS Support and all they said is that they are aware of the problem and are trying to find a fix to it, and to keep trying at a later date. Well it's been over three weeks now and still the same problem.

Does anyone else have this same problem or know if they are really working on resolving this issue?

So a little advice to those that have Welcome Back Games...Do not delete them, because if you do you won't be able to install them again.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (232 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28647 posts

Re: Welcome Back Games Won't Install

Dec 20, 2012

amiaturtle wrote:

I've recently purchased another PS3 and redownloaded most my games to it. Only thing is that my "Welcome Back Games" won't intall into my PS3. When you try to install it asks that you connect the PSP so that content may be transferred, only problem is that these are PS3 games and not PSP games. They are working fine on my older PS3 but they were never deleted so I haven't had the need to download them and install them again.

I called PS Support and all they said is that they are aware of the problem and are trying to find a fix to it, and to keep trying at a later date. Well it's been over three weeks now and still the same problem.

Does anyone else have this same problem or know if they are really working on resolving this issue?

So a little advice to those that have Welcome Back Games...Do not delete them, because if you do you won't be able to install them again.

Try downloading the games through account management via the XMB menu, under account transactions.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (216 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Thank you. I finally found another thread that stated the same thing. I will try it when I get home from work to see if that works for me. Thank you very much for the reply.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16676 posts

Dec 20, 2012

amiaturtle wrote:

Thank you. I finally found another thread that stated the same thing. I will try it when I get home from work to see if that works for me. Thank you very much for the reply.

I'm surprised it took long and that you only found one......

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Hello BRIT-KO, I am happy to say that your solution did solve the problem. I have now downloaded and installed the games thru the XMB. Thank you very much for the help. PS support should probably read this threads more often. Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)
0 Likes