Splicer
84 posts

Re: Want to change my COUNTRY on PSN !!!!!!

Mar 12, 2013

yes ..? wats ur problem .. 

Message 11 of 21 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Great! Thanks. I have bought all Skyrim DLC for about 40$ total from US store. My account is registered with US. I have installed them but no results. My original Skyrim disc is BLES (UK). Please advice why is this a problem?

Message 12 of 21 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

Solution is in ur query .. ur Disk belongs to UK and u purchased DLC from US . And if u dnt know which I think u don't that DLC is region locked . U gave $40 as a donation to Sony . Now what u can do is make a UK account or any region account which comes under UK SONY & purchase ur DLC from there . You can add funds to ur UK wallet using psn card code which you can get through email from sites such as www.maximuscards.com  . But be careful here also because only UK psn card code can be redeemed on UK account .

Message 13 of 21 (895 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 12, 2013
You can't just reboot stuff after a transfer.
Because you may have content that another region does not. So there'd be no way to transfer that over.

And if you had money in your wallet, it's not like they're gonna do a currency conversion for you.

Plus if you have credit card information, it just match your region of your account, so you wouldn't be able to use one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 21 (885 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 12, 2013

This is completely unacceptable! I live in US, i cant have UK credit card! It is not my fault that I have Skyrim disk from UK. I wont stop with this issue - someone from PSN should help me and support!

Message 15 of 21 (883 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 12, 2013
There's nothing that they can do, it's incompatible. Why do you even have a UK game anyway?
Message 16 of 21 (881 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Because I got a present from my uncle who lived in UK last year. Is it possible to transfer my purchases to UK account then? I really dont like the idea of donating 40$ to Sony - the biggest game company in the world? 

Message 17 of 21 (878 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

conceptor79 wrote:

Because I got a present from my uncle who lived in UK last year. Is it possible to transfer my purchases to UK account then? I really dont like the idea of donating 40$ to Sony - the biggest game company in the world? 

No.  Nothing can be transferred from one PSN account to another, even in the same country. While it is not your "fault' that you have a UK game disk, it isn't Sony's fault either, is it?  Skyrim isn't even a Sony-published game.  You didn't know that DLC is usually specific to the version of the game disk, so while almost all imported games will work on your PS3, you won't be able to use most DLC purchased in your Playstation Store with an imported game disk.  This is nothing new.  It's been true of most PS3 games for years.  You just learned that now, but it does not entitle you to a refund, or any other remedy.  Mistakes are how we learn, but you still have to pay for your mistakes.

Anyway, it isn't a "donation".  Wait a year or two, and you will be able to buy the US version of Skyrim for less than $20 used.  Then you can use the DLC that you purchased.

GKP
Message 18 of 21 (874 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 12, 2013
Well, thanks for the reply but I have another option for you - get a sadnwich. Your reply is as useless as waiting reply from PSN. Please avoid any further replies to my subject.

Never had problems with Xbox and Microsoft. Those guys really know how to do things and how to make proper customer service. A proper action is to check customer's profile first before posting standard replies which turns clients expectations negative. Second, to have a real solution for this issue. I am not the only one who had this problem. It is not prohibited or obliged to buy games from UK. Alright, you want to separate them, make it clear for customer. Give customer a chance to change country at PSN account. Create something to avoid this problems or dont separate to create problems. Otherwise, yes - this is donation. Or how do you call it when you spend money buying the product which is not working???
Message 19 of 21 (867 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 12, 2013
When you spend money on something that doesn't work because you bought the wrong thing without doing research, it's called ignorance
Message 20 of 21 (863 Views)
0 Likes