Mar 11 2013
By: GURSIMRAN Splicer 84 posts
Accepted Solution

Want to change my COUNTRY on PSN !!!!!!

20 replies 4587 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Back in 2007 , there was no availability of PS Store in India , so I made AUSTRALIAN account because my Aunt lives there . Now Im facing many difficulties in buying stuff from PS Store as YOU (SONY) guys have stopped AU psn cards to be e-mailed to us . And moreover my Aunt does not allow me to use her credit card .  And i can't afford to make new PSN account as i've been using this ID for so long & have earned so many trophies . So , PLEASE .. it is a BIG REQUEST to respected SONY , to change my country to INDIA from Australia .   

MY PSN ID -  GURSIMRAN

Message 1 of 21 (4,587 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41835 posts

Re: Want to change my COUNTRY on PSN !!!!!!

Mar 11, 2013

GURSIMRAN wrote:

Back in 2007 , there was no availability of PS Store in India , so I made AUSTRALIAN account because my Aunt lives there . Now Im facing many difficulties in buying stuff from PS Store as YOU (SONY) guys have stopped AU psn cards to be e-mailed to us . And moreover my Aunt does not allow me to use her credit card .  And i can't afford to make new PSN account as i've been using this ID for so long & have earned so many trophies . So , PLEASE .. it is a BIG REQUEST to respected SONY , to change my country to INDIA from Australia .   

MY PSN ID -  GURSIMRAN

Sorry but as you already know the country/region of an account cannot once created be changed.

I'm confused by your comment which said 'I cannot afford to make another PSN account', PSN accounts are free.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 21 (4,568 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
13737 posts

Mar 11, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

GURSIMRAN wrote:

MY PSN ID -  GURSIMRAN

Sorry but as you already know the country/region of an account cannot once created be changed.

I'm confused by your comment which said 'I cannot afford to make another PSN account', PSN accounts are free.

BRIT-KO

He probably means "I've invested time and money into my current account and don't want to start over"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 21 (4,566 Views)
MVP Support
17013 posts

Mar 11, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GURSIMRAN wrote:

MY PSN ID -  GURSIMRAN

BRIT-KO

He probably means "I've invested time and money into my current account and don't want to start over"

I think BRIT-KO means "Too bad"

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 4 of 21 (4,560 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 11, 2013
but I thought ... there might be some loophole through it can be fixed . Smiley Sad I hope Ps4 will have option to change your country , birthdate etc. after ID is created .
Message 5 of 21 (4,558 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Mar 11, 2013
No.
Not even the ps4 will change that.
Different countries have different content available, different currency. It's impossible to switch over. There'd be no way to transfer your content, your digital wallet, etc
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 21 (4,548 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 12, 2013
yes , I know different countries have different currency & content . who is saying that we want to pay in $ while having India as your country .... just reboot all the stuff after we choose other country according to that country . I don't think it's that complicated .. Sony ?
Message 7 of 21 (4,540 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 12, 2013
we can do that on ... such as APP STORE .. when we change country .. da stuff & currency changes .. isn't that more flexible & modern ?
Message 8 of 21 (4,539 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 12, 2013
& what about your birthdate and security questions .. we can't even change that . I have forgotten my security answer .. :/
Message 9 of 21 (4,538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 12, 2013
Please help me to solve the problem with Skyrim DLC. Seems nobody can help from PSN Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 21 (4,536 Views)
0 Likes