Jan 01 2014
By: TareXmd First Son 2 posts

Wallet charged my credit card, but didn't add the funds. PSN customer service told me "goodbye" .

8 replies 725 views Edited Jan 1, 2014

I used PayPal to add $25.... my paypal and credit card were CHARGED for $25, then I got a "transaction was unsuccessful" message on the wallet website. I still have 0 funds, but am short $25 on my credit card and paypal. What is this?

Sony's customer support number automatically hung up on me. Did I just get robbed?

Message 1 of 9 (725 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24615 posts

Re: Wallet charged my credit card, but didn't add the funds. PSN customer service told me "good

Jan 1, 2014

Hello and welcome to the Playstation Forums. We aren't Sony employees but we'll do our best to assist you. Don't just disappear when your issue is solved. Someone may need your help some day or maybe you'd just like to socialize in our Off Topic or Home forums.

No, you didn't get robbed. The transaction was refused and the money will be credited back to your PayPal account. Sometimes it takes a while. If you feel it's taking too long contact PayPal.

Message 2 of 9 (721 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Wallet charged my credit card, but didn't add the funds. PSN customer service told me "good

3 weeks ago
This is currently happening to me right now. I bought a certain amount of funds for my wallet, TWICE. The first amount I tried putting in my wallet was cancelled since apparently there was something wrong with the network. The second did the SAME thing even though I tried to put more funds than my first try. This really annoyed me but the thing that makes me mad is that BOTH tries (even if it failed) CHARGED my credit card. It says on my PSN transaction history that I got 'missed charges', which basically tells me that I shouldn't been charged. I've been waiting for a week now and still no progress. I don't know whether to contact Sony or PayPal. I made 2 transactions both with different amount of funds but I only wanted a certain amount. Please help.
Message 3 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

3 weeks ago
bump
Message 4 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9653 posts

3 weeks ago

JoshBruh_23 wrote:
This is currently happening to me right now. I bought a certain amount of funds for my wallet, TWICE. The first amount I tried putting in my wallet was cancelled since apparently there was something wrong with the network. The second did the SAME thing even though I tried to put more funds than my first try. This really annoyed me but the thing that makes me mad is that BOTH tries (even if it failed) CHARGED my credit card. It says on my PSN transaction history that I got 'missed charges', which basically tells me that I shouldn't been charged. I've been waiting for a week now and still no progress. I don't know whether to contact Sony or PayPal. I made 2 transactions both with different amount of funds but I only wanted a certain amount. Please help.

Normally in failed transactions, you will have the money returned to you, although it should not take a week for this to happen,  you will need to contact customer service about it, if it's taking this long for you to get the money back from a failed transaction.

Message 5 of 9 (116 Views)
First Son
5 posts

3 weeks ago
Customer Service of? PayPal, Sony or my bank?
Message 6 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9653 posts

3 weeks ago

JoshBruh_23 wrote:
Customer Service of? PayPal, Sony or my bank?

Sony, I would check with them about this first. 

Message 7 of 9 (76 Views)
First Son
5 posts

3 weeks ago
Just tried to use 'Chat' Support but even I couldn't get past through their detail check. I filled up every blank spaces and doubled checked all letters from first to last BUT apparently it doesn't have any records regarding my Online ID even though I keep typing it in over and over (its the one that says 'this cannot be changed......', right?).
Message 8 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9653 posts

3 weeks ago

JoshBruh_23 wrote:
Just tried to use 'Chat' Support but even I couldn't get past through their detail check. I filled up every blank spaces and doubled checked all letters from first to last BUT apparently it doesn't have any records regarding my Online ID even though I keep typing it in over and over (its the one that says 'this cannot be changed......', right?).

Is your PSN from NA, as it won't have any record of PSN accounts, that are from a different region. If your PSN account is not from NA, then you will need to contact Sony Customer Support for the region of your account in order to try and resolve your issue.

Message 9 of 9 (45 Views)
0 Likes