Highlighted
Jun 08 2011
By: M-Yasrab First Son 6 posts

WELCOME BACK 'DEAD NATION' INSTALL ISSUE

9 replies 541 views Edited Jun 8, 2011

3 DAYS AGO I SIGNED IN PSN, AND FOUND OUT THAT THEY ARE GIVING 2 FREE GAMES AND 30 DAY FREE MEMBERSHIP FOR PS PLUS, SO I AVAIL THE OFFER.

I GOT THE MEMBERSHIP AND HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED MANY GAMES ETC., AS FOR THE 2 FREE GAMES, I GOT WIPEOUT AND DEAD NATION, WIPEOUT DOWNLOADED SUCCESFULLY ALONG WITH THE FULL GAME UPGRADE AND FURY EXPANSION PACK, AND, I LOVE IT.

BUT DEAD NATION HAS A PROBLEM. IT DOWNLOADED SUCCESFULLY, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE INSTALLING PART, THE MOMENT IT HITS 14% (KEEP IN MIND THAT IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT INSTALLS) AN ERROR MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT THAT THE FILE MAY BE CORRUPTED, AND THE SOLUTION SECTION SAYS THAT IN SHOULD DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE ACCOUNT THAT WAS USED TO PURCHASE THIS CONTENT. SO I DO, I SIGN IN, GO TO PS STORE, CLICK ON VIEW DOWNLOADS, AND, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN, BUT, THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN, THIS SUCKS MAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME, ITS NOT LIKE A BIG DEAL OR ANYHTING SINCE IT WAS FREE, BUT STILL, IF THEY ARE GIVING FREE STUFF THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO AVAIL THAT TOO.

Message 3 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: WELCOME BACK 'DEAD NATION' INSTALL ISSUE

Jun 8, 2011

I have the same problem, I've downloaded Dead Nation a thousand times now, and every single one stops at 14% with the error 80029564

Message 1 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Mine stops at 1% and I get the exact same error :@

Message 2 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 8, 2011

HEY I THINK I ALSO HAVE THE SAME ERROR CODE, I DONT REALLY RMEMBER IT BUT I KNOW IT SATRTED WITH '8002' AND ENDED WITH '64'

Message 4 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 8, 2011

BOY AM I GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE

Message 5 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 8, 2011

BUT STILL GUYS (OK MAYBE NOT 'GUYS' CAUSE IM NOT SURE WHAT GENDER YOU BOTH ARE BUT, WHATEVER I'LL CALL YOU 'GUYS') WE'VE GOT TO FIND A SOLUTION OR SOMETHING, I MEAN I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT DEAD NATION AND IM SO CURIOUS TO PLAY IT BUT I CANT CAUSE THERES THS MESSAGE POPIN' UP. I'VE PRETTY MUCH QUIT DOWNLOADING IT AND NOW IM DOWNLOAD BURNOUT PARADISE (I GOT IT FOR FREE THROUGH PS PLUS).

BUT STILL, THE PS GUYS ARE SOON GOING TO GET ABUSED BY ME IF THIS KEEPS HAPPENING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

ANYWAY IF ANYONE OF YOU GUYS GET IT TO INSTALL THEN PLEASE TELL ME (ON THIS DISCUSSION), MAYBE IT WILL WORK FOR THE REST OF US TOO.

Message 6 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Hi Yasrab,

Have you tried re-downloading it via Account Management instead of the Store?

- Retro

Message 7 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Here is a huge word of advice..... Free up your hard drive such as deleting demo games etc. That's the problem I had and now its fixed. Yes, still free up even if you are over the required limit for just the game because I think as it installs it needs some space to actually install the game.

Also, check the errors you are receiving by checking this website....

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes

My infamous game was file-corrupted related and didn't continue to install with the error message '80010038', to fix this delete the downloaded data and redownload the game by going to account management and look for the game in the download list. Hope this helps you guys!

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Well I actually havent, but i'll try maybe it just might work i'll do anything (ofcourse safe and easy stuff, like if you tell me that 'it will download if you jump out of your window' then i guess i wont)

Message 9 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 9, 2011

ok i'll try but i'll have to think about it.

Message 10 of 10 (541 Views)
0 Likes