Highlighted
Jan 02 2014
By: Detroitski13 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

WARNING! DO NOT purchase PSN Plus or PSN $ cards!!!

4 replies 534 views Edited Jan 2, 2014

When you try to redeem 12 digit codes, it sometimes will not work.  It will acknowledge what the value of what your code is, but not go through with the transaction. Showing error codes such as 82000138 and 82000156. Many people are having this problem. I spent $50 at Gamestop a week ago, and havent been able to redeem it since. When you call customer support, you wait a half hour on hold and in the end they just tell you to keep trying . Also, when i called Saturday they told me to call back next week if it still isnt working, that way they could work something out. So i called today, and was told all i can do is keep trying to re-enter the code. I was told its been an issue for 2 weeks (which is not true, ppl were having this problem in November), and that i should just keep trying. They have absolutely no accountability for their flaws when it affects customers. We spent our money already, why would they care if its tied up due to their god awful service. What gives them the right to hold my (spent) money from me? Do not make the same mistake i did. Once code fails, PSN will not care.

Also, when i asked when we should be able to redeem our codes finally, the lady told me they dont even have a date. No end in sight, even after "2 weeks." lol

Absolute Joke, Shameful

Message 1 of 5 (534 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1253 posts

Re: WARNING! DO NOT purchase PSN Plus or PSN $ cards!!!

Jan 2, 2014

Detroitski13 wrote:

When you try to redeem 12 digit codes, it sometimes will not work.  It will acknowledge what the value of what your code is, but not go through with the transaction. Showing error codes such as 82000138 and 82000156. Many people are having this problem. I spent $50 at Gamestop a week ago, and havent been able to redeem it since. When you call customer support, you wait a half hour on hold and in the end they just tell you to keep trying . Also, when i called Saturday they told me to call back next week if it still isnt working, that way they could work something out. So i called today, and was told all i can do is keep trying to re-enter the code. I was told its been an issue for 2 weeks (which is not true, ppl were having this problem in November), and that i should just keep trying. They have absolutely no accountability for their flaws when it affects customers. We spent our money already, why would they care if its tied up due to their god awful service. What gives them the right to hold my (spent) money from me? Do not make the same mistake i did. Once code fails, PSN will not care.

Also, when i asked when we should be able to redeem our codes finally, the lady told me they dont even have a date. No end in sight, even after "2 weeks." lol

Absolute Joke, Shameful

I have the same issue so i'm going to take it back ad ee if ey can reactivate it give that a try if you haven't already

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 2, 2014

no idea wht youre on about.

ive bought psn cards at amazon and they work perfectly ¡¡¡

my PS plus works brilliantly on my PS4.

Message 3 of 5 (513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 3, 2014

Ive succeeded in redeeming a $20 code. So its not everytime. Im just making people aware that if you get one of the unlucky codes, PSN will do nothing about it. You will be 50 dollars lighter in the pocket, with absolutely nothing to show for it. Until they can fix the problem which has persisted and has no end in sight. Ive personally had the problem with the $50 card, but have read about it happening with the Plus card as well. 

Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
81 posts

Jan 3, 2014

Hi there,

As @narutofanO6 said above, go back to the retailer with your receipt and make sure that they activated your card. Once you are certain that is the case, you can attempt to redeem your code on the web store, and also by going to Settings > PSN > Account Information > Wallet > Add Funds > Code > Enter your code.

If those options do not work, you can go to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses, and then try the above steps again.

I hope this helps,

-CanSan

Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)
0 Likes