Dec 03 2012
By: JFK_Fan Sackboy 426 posts
Accepted Solution

Visa giftcard ?'s

8 replies 320 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

I have a visa gift card w/ less than $5.00's on it. Every time i try to add funds it says error, is it because it's a giftcard or because it doesn't have atleast 5.00 dollars on it? If it's because it doesnt have the transferable amount of funds is there any way to get the funds in my account. Also if that is the case it's stupid for playstation to offer items @ 0.99 and 1.49 - 4.99 and not let u buy them w/ the change on the card w/out transfering them first to the wallet.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 1 of 9 (320 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10640 posts

Re: Visa giftcard ?'s

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Sony doesn`t do direct payments, they all have to be added to your account first. (anything after 5 you can add an exact amount, but it's still not a direct payment, because the money is first added to your wallet and then wallet is subtracted for the purchase price.),  Also everything I credit card is used on the site, sony is charged a fee, in order for it to be worth it to them, you have to add at least $5. To answer your question though, I don`t belive Visa Gift cards/pre paid cards would work on the PSN, due to them having no address attached to them.

Message 2 of 9 (310 Views)
MVP Support
41886 posts

Dec 4, 2012

JFK_Fan wrote:

I have a visa gift card w/ less than $5.00's on it. Every time i try to add funds it says error, is it because it's a giftcard or because it doesn't have atleast 5.00 dollars on it? If it's because it doesnt have the transferable amount of funds is there any way to get the funds in my account. Also if that is the case it's stupid for playstation to offer items @ 0.99 and 1.49 - 4.99 and not let u buy them w/ the change on the card w/out transfering them first to the wallet.

The minimum funding amount is $5.00.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 9 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Dec 4, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

THEN THATS DUMB! there should be a way to add smaller amouts of funds or direct transaction through there website then. U have to register your name and address on the gift card before you can do anything w/ them anyway. And i'll bet your going to try and comeback and tell me security HOOPLAH. A company like Sony can't safely do direct transactions from visa and M.C. My backyard computer repiar business can, and im BBB approved w/ Mcafee secure.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 4 of 9 (289 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41886 posts

Dec 4, 2012

JFK_Fan wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

THEN THATS DUMB! there should be a way to add smaller amouts of funds or direct transaction through there website then. U have to register your name and address on the gift card before you can do anything w/ them anyway. And i'll bet your going to try and comeback and tell me security HOOPLAH. A company like Sony can't safely do direct transactions from visa and M.C. My backyard computer repiar business can, and im BBB approved w/ Mcafee secure.

That my friend is debateable, it was a business decision by Sony to make the minimum funding limit $5.00, it would cost Sony much more of the limit were lowered, more transactions would be made for smaller amounts, think of it this way, at some point you'll use the $5.00, won't you?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 9 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Dec 13, 2012

NO! because i've stopped using the new playstation store. i had a $1.92 GIft card i was gonna put into my wallet to download a theme but i wont ever do that. SO instead of sony charging and recieving a small fee they wont receive one at all from me now. I'M very UNIMPRESSED W/ SONY and the GAYSTATION! 

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 6 of 9 (255 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31593 posts

Dec 13, 2012

The balance on the card really doesn't matter anyway.  PSN doesn't accept Visa gift cards, or any other prepaid cards, no matter how much money is left on them.  The cards don't provide any evidence of your state or country of residence, so they can't be used on PSN in North America. 

GKP
Message 7 of 9 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Dec 14, 2012

THats BS as I stated i filled out info when i first bought so YEAH IT DOES HAVE MY PERSONAL INFO! you have to register the cards @ their gift card site when you order. My name is and ddress is associated w/ the card is is reloadable. My 360 let me load the change thru there website.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 8 of 9 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
31593 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Sony has different policies than XBox Live.  The address has to be verified by the bank in order for the card to be accepted in the Playstation Store.  It can't be an address that you just entered yourself on a web site.  You could lie about your real name and address there just as easily as you could with your PSN account registration. It doesn't prove anything about where you actually live.

GKP
Message 9 of 9 (238 Views)
0 Likes