Jun 16 2013
By: guts8007 First Son 7 posts

Virtua Fighter 5 and all the DLC have disapeared from my dowloads list.

8 replies 171 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

I have had something really strange happen to me. About a year ago, I downloaded Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for free from PS+. On June 2nd I saw that there was a sale on PSN for the complete edition of the game that includes the full game and DLC for only $15. I figured I would buy it so that I could keep the game even if I don't have PS+. I was able to play the game and all the DLC just fine without any issues.

On June 8th my PS+ expired and I decided to renew PS+. When I renewed it, I tried to play VF5 FS and it said that "the content has expired." I figured I would go to the downloads list and redownload it. When I went to my downloads list the game was gone but I still had all the DLC. I checked my email just to make sure I had the receipt and I did. I decided to do something I normally wouldn't do, I called support.

The rep I spoke with was really nice and friendly and he even thought this was weird. He looked at my purcahse history and saw that I bought the game with all the DLC. He advised me to try deleting the game and see if it would show up on my downlooads list. I deleted the game and it didn't show up on my list. He stated that he was going to refund me and I could use the refund to rebuy the game and that it would take a few days to get the refund.

I checked my bank statement today and saw the refund. When I saw the refund I decided to go buy the main game again. I bought the game and redownload the game. I then decided to download the DLC again only this time it is telling me to buy ALL the DLC again.

I thought this was extremely strange so I decided to call support again. The first rep I spoke with didn't really seem to understand what I was talking about and kept placing me on hold.  He then stated that he was going to send out a request to refund me again. I informed him that I didn't want to be refunded and I just wanted to get the content back. He then placed me on hold and then disconnected the call.

I then called back again and reached another rep and when I told her content has disapeared from my downloads list she thought I was lying and said that was impossible. She then placed me on hold to speak with her supervisor about this issue. She came back on the line and stated that they had sent out another request for a refund.

I have been extremely nice to these people and I feel like they thought I was lying about my issue. I have my order number from my original purchase and all I want is what I had originally paid for, the game AND all the DLC. I feel like the reps I spoke with today don't believe me and that I am going to get screwed over in the end.

Message 1 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18301 posts

Re: Virtua Fighter 5 and all the DLC have disapeared from my dowloads list.

Jun 17, 2013

The Playstation Store was updated years ago so that it won't allow you to purchase something that you already purchased, even if you got it free with Playstation Plus; and can't keep it after your subscription expires.  One of the side effects of this is that you can't take advantage of sales on content that you got free with Plus, if you decide that you want to keep it after you cancel your Plus subscription.  There is no way to do that.  If you purchased the VF5 bundle while you were a Plus subscriber, then the VF 5 game would not have been added to your downloads list, because it was already there.  Only the DLC would have been added, because you did not already have that.  Are you sure that VF5 is not in your downloads list?  It won't be near the DLC, which you purchased later.  It will be earlier in the list, where the list ended when you got the game from Playstation Plus in the first place.

GKP
Message 2 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Hey GKP, thanks for the reply. Yes you are right about VF5 not being added to my list when I bought the complete collection. I had to go down to when I first downloaded it a year ago to redownload it. The issue that I am having is when I renewed my PS+ the game disapeared from my download list.

When I tried to launch the game it stated that the title had expired and to go to the PS store to buy it. When I went to the store it showed that I had all the content for the game expect the main game and it was telling me to buy it again. This sounds like a pretty interesting glich on the PS store when you buy complete edition for a game that you already got for free on PS+.

I also believe I know why all the DLC is gone for the game. I think the first rep that I spoke with made this issue much worse. He thought that if he issued me a refund for the game that I could just rebuy the game and still keep the DLC. I seems like when he issued me the refund it took away the DLC too.

When I checked my bank statement yesterday I saw the refund in my bank account. When I saw that I went to the PS store to rebuy the game. I should of looked at the DLC before I bought the game because after I rebought the game I tried to redownload the DLC and saw that it wanted me to pay for all the DLC.

The major problem with the DLC in this game is that all of it costs much, much, much more than the actual game. Every rep that I have spoken with has been trying to issue me a refund and I don't want a refund, I just want the content I originally paid for.

I have included a screenshot of my original purchase for the complete edition and I plan on uploading some other screenshots.

WP_20130617_004.jpg

Message 3 of 9 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Here is a screenshot of my download list. Notice that there is no content for June 2nd which is the day I bought the complete edition.

WP_20130617_001.jpg

Message 4 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Here is what I see now when I go to the VF5 FS game page on PSN.

WP_20130616_001.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

This is another screen shot when I scroll further down the game page for VF5 FS.

WP_20130616_002.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Here is a screenshot of the very bottom of the gamepage. When I first bought the complete edition there were shopping bags for all the content that you see on these pages.

WP_20130616_003.jpg

Message 7 of 9 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Here is a screenshot of my receipt from when I rebought the main game yesterday after I was issued the refund. I really wish the first rep I talked had known that issuing me the refund to rebuy the main game would take away the DLC from me.

WP_20130617_005.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18301 posts

Jun 18, 2013

It is true that when you are issued a refund because you have a problem with downloading a game, support will remove the game from your downloads list.  This is necessary, because as I mentioned before, the Playstation Store won't allow you to purchase content that is already on your downloads list. The intent was that you use the refund to purchase the Complete Edition again. Why did you buy the Full game, instead of the Complete Edition, which is only $15 more?

GKP
Message 9 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes