Jul 15 2012
By: Kroq87 First Son 5 posts

Video d/l history gone?

9 replies 472 views Edited Jul 15, 2012
1sr post here guys looking for a lil help hopefully. Thanks in advance for your help, okay here's the scoop when
I go into psn store and go to the game download history I can access all previous titles that I d/l. So why when I go
To the video history can I only find 2 items when there should be a lot more than that is there anything I can do as far as a code or some bypass to let me d/l my products. It just
Confuses me how one history has everything and the other has nothing an of
You think im paying again you're crazy.

Thx for listening
Message 1 of 10 (472 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Video d/l history gone?

Jul 15, 2012
Edit I have access to transaction number but what do I do in the store to let me download it
Message 2 of 10 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 15, 2012

i found this in the knowledge center don't know if this helps

Guidelines for purchasing videos to own

• Purchased videos to own have no time limit for viewing, so as long as the terms of the agreement are not violated, the purchased videos can be viewed indefinitely
  • Purchased videos to own in standard definition can be played on a single activated PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and up to 3 activated PSP® portable entertainment systems.
  • Purchased videos to rent in standard definition can be downloaded to a single PS3 or a single PSP system then passed between either activated system once.
  • Videos purchased on the video store cannot be re-downloaded once it has been downloaded to either a PS3 or PSP system
  • Any user on a PS3 may begin playback of a video purchased to own once it has been downloaded to the system (unless some other restriction, such as parental controls
Message 3 of 10 (465 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2012
Hmmm if I can't access something I paid to have rights to like 20 dollar movies and I can't re d/l the file from psn i have transaction Ida that show I just got screwed out of a lot of money but I'm sure that isn't the case otherwise they would lose a lot of business
Message 4 of 10 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

You are not allowed to redownload them unless there is a technical fault with the First download.

You Don't own anything. you are given A Lifetime Viewing rental license for a Digital DRM protected file.

Your License is only valid for 1 PS3 motherboard. Repeat only one PS3 motherboard. 

If the Motherboard Dies so does your license. 

If you can prove to SCEA that your console died and was never coming back to life. A CS rep can allow a second download of your content but it will be the only free redownload allowed and your account will be marked as using up the secondary download. 

(They only do this for nice polite people, be rude or grumpy and they are allowed to hang up on you.)

You are allowed to Back up the files to external USB devices to Prevent HDD failure losing your content.

But thats the only Back up your allowed. 

This is what the Movie and TV studios Agreed to allow to get the service released on PSN. 

Don't Argee.... to bad thats what you signed up for and thats what you agreed to by paying...

Did people realy think Itunes was just going to roll over and allow a rival to its $99 AppleTV upgrade box with out a fight.

They got the film studios to restrict the PS3 licenses. To a lower service level.

O and SCEA wont care. There are loads of people in the US, Who just don't care about T&C and hit the buy button with out any care to the cost or quality, all they care is that they don't have to go outside or wait for the Post person. Most of these users don't even know this forum even exists.  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 5 of 10 (450 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 15, 2012
But I can re download 2 of the many things I purchased so why not the est I Ty for your help and I understand your point but that's pretty messed up
Message 6 of 10 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

Trailers and featurettes are free and don't have the same DRM as FULL cost movies.

Its the same as Itunes. I can't redownload any films from there either. If every back up of those film were lost. that film is also lost.

Once the download is complete you are responceable for all backing up.     

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

Message 7 of 10 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 20, 2012

This is exactly why I don't buy videos from the psn store.  Its a blatant ripoff cause you only get 1 DL of each file.  If your hdd gets corrupted or you get psn errors which do happen then your screwed for good.  I've had friends buy videos only to have their hdd corrupted, usually by home crashing on them  only to be forced into a reformat and losing all their paid videos losing hundreds of dollars in some cases.  Until Sony's abusive DRM policies change they will lose a great many sales and deservedly so.  Me, I play it safe and buy my videos on dvd or blu-ray, both of which the PS3 plays adequately.  They can also be had for same or lower prices than the psn store.  So never forget the well worn adage of BUYER BEWARE.

Message 8 of 10 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Oh just a quick note here.  No you are not allowed to back up psn store videos (yes those that you paid for) to any usb storage.  I've seen it tried and it definately doesn't work.  You wont even get the option.  Sony and those who hold the rights to content may call this a "WIN WIN" but that would only apply to a monopoly which is not the case.  Thats why I say if you can buy elsewhere by all means do so.

Message 9 of 10 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

Jul 22, 2012

LOL Of course you can backup, thats what the Backup function in the TRIANGLE button menu IS for.

You transfer It to USB external device.

but its a BACK UP not a copy. This means you Restore the file to the same Motherboard controlled PS3 with same PS3 User and PSN ID it was backed up from. Nothing else...

pic29.png

The .BKP 132.5KiB file is your license and Ids for the back up files.

The .001 1.8 GiB file is a encrypted SD film.   

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

Message 10 of 10 (425 Views)
0 Likes