Highlighted
Dec 19 2011
By: crazy_blake_7 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Very dissapointed with Sony policies

6 replies 40 views Edited Dec 19, 2011

well awhile ago my psn got YLOD and i had two psn accounts on there(my main and my download account). i always had auto sign in on so when i got my new ps3 i remembered my main but not my 2nd account sign in email. i contacted sony and they said there is NOTHING they could do even though i CAN provide my DOB,SECRITY QUESTION,ADDRESS,PASSWORD,CREDIT CARD I USED ON THE ACCOUNT, AND DOWNLOAD LIST. now all im asking for is my email but with all that they cant provide it. Since i cant get it back there is no point even staying with sony as im not going to re-buy $100 worth of dlc and games. Sony need better account verification polices and untill then ill take my business somewhere else where my information doesnt get hacked,online servers arent down for a month, and i can use features that were advertised(linux). I hope sony reads this and policies can be changed.

Message 1 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Re: Very dissapointed with Sony policies

Dec 19, 2011

All I know is that it is about 95% your own fault, too much in a rush to write down your information or keep your own records....clearly sony's fault.

As for rest, sony doesn't care as they don't even read these forums.

color tag 001

Message 2 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I don't want people calling Sony and getting my account details becuase they know my birthday and email.

Message 3 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 19, 2011

i think its sonys fault i agree that i should of remembered it but com'on all that info and still no? and i see sony is still lazy they dont read anything, awful way to treat customers who pay $300 on their product

Message 4 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 19, 2011

its only a sign in email, if were sony and someone could provide DOB,SECRITY QUESTION,ADDRESS,PASSWORD,CREDIT CARD I USED ON THE ACCOUNT, AND DOWNLOAD LIST would you take a good guess they own the account?

Message 5 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27582 posts

Dec 21, 2011

crazy_blake_7 wrote:

its only a sign in email, if were sony and someone could provide DOB,SECRITY QUESTION,ADDRESS,PASSWORD,CREDIT CARD I USED ON THE ACCOUNT, AND DOWNLOAD LIST would you take a good guess they own the account?

Yes, but that may not be the point.  The PSN terms of service require that you have a valid e-mail address that you can access associated with your account at all times.  This policy was put into place after the Playstation Network security incident earlier this year.  Prior to that, Sony was more flexible about providing account information.  Exactly how do you forget what your sign-in e-mail address is for a PSN account?   Forgetting your e-mail password is one thing, but how do you forget the address?  How many e-mail addresses do you have?  You could (and should) have changed the sign-in e-mail at any time to a different one, if you had an outdated address associated with the account. If you didn't, then you broke the rules, and that may be the real reason why Sony isn't helping to recover your account.

Still, I would recommend calling again and asking to speak to a supervisor.  Sony often isn't that consistent in its customer support policies and procedures.  You may get a different response if you talk to a different person.  Also, if you are polite, but persistent; and speak to someone in authority, you can usually get Sony to do anything that is legal and reasonable.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Dec 21, 2011

crazy_blake_7 wrote:

That's exactly it. You can't take a good guess that they own the account, just like you can't take a good guess that a potentially innocent man is a murderer.

Message 7 of 7 (40 Views)
0 Likes