Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 24 2013
By: TooLazyToBeAPro First Son 4 posts

Very concerned and upset, looking for guidance regarding a ban.

[ Edited ]
5 replies 323 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

Hello,

I went on Vacation for about a week, and upon my return I came home to see that my Playstation Network account which I have had since 2010, in which I had purchased many games and had money on the account as well had been banned/suspended.

I am not sure whether or not it has been completely banned or simply suspended for a period of time; however either one is upsetting and I have absolutely no idea what has happened. 

The error I get when attempting to sign into my account is:

• Access to the PlayStation®Network by this account has been banned or temporarily suspended.

I checked my email for an explanation and I had seen that I have received many emails saying "Sign-in ID changed", many of them, as well as an email from: "playstation_consumer_service@rnmk.com" (Top of the email says "Be careful with this message. Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content." so can I get confirmation from the community here as to whether or not that email is in fact Playstation Network? Thanks)

The email reads: 

"Notice:Unauthorized or pirated software has been detected on your PlayStation®3 system. This use has violated the terms of both the "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation®3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation®Network/Sony Network Services and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. As a result, your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently banned and access to PlayStation®Network and Sony Entertainment Network services through your PlayStation ®3 system has been terminated permanently."

The thing about that is that I attempted to sign into another PSN account to check such and I was in fact able to sign in, negating the statement: "PlayStation®Network and Sony Entertainment Network services through your PlayStation ®3 system has been terminated permanently" which lets me know for sure that it was not me because my PS3 still has access to the Playstation Network.  I have absolutely no idea how to get the pirated software anyway, nor would I want it. Been a great, valuable member to the Playstation community as well as a great customer since the moment I started up my PS3 for the first time.

In addition when I attempted to sign into this very website with the account details to the account, it says "The account has been suspended" which I assume means temporarily and not permanently 

The only explanation I can draw up is that someone I know had signed into my account numerous times, and before I returned they changed my account information back to what it was originally so I would not notice. My PSN account login details are the same as my Netflix account login, and I share the Netflix with 2 other people, we share the monthly subscription. I paying for one month then they the consecutive month, etc. Didn't think about them being the same and didn't think anyone would do this, but here we are.

It is too late at this time to contact Playstation through telephone, so looking for some guidance here. If the account is banned temporarily, while such is not fair, It will take time but I will be okay with that because it was my fault for having the account information the same as my Netflix; however if it is permanently banned (which I hope it isnt) thats where I will have a very big problem and will do anything in my power to reverse or appeal to such.

Thanks for your time and any assistance, guidance or help that you give. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Very concerned and upset, looking for guidance regarding a ban.

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

According to this: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4318/related/1

It means my account was merely suspended for an amount of time and not permanently banned.

Like I said that would be a sigh of relief if such were true, but the email says it was banned permanently which is the part that worries me. Kinda contradict each other right?

I don't want to have to call if I can get 100% confirmation here that it is only temporary but I will do whatever I have to do. So if anyone has experience and can let me know, thank you very much.

Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Reading up a bit more on it happening to other people and its starting to scare me.

Looks like this page: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4318/related/1 isnt exatly accurate as most if not all that I have read have been permanent when getting that error.

Looks like the email address is in fact a real email address after looking around as well, and so far every person I have read up on with the same email I have gotten have been permanent and not temporary.

This is not fair at all if it is in fact permanent, I had so much content purchased and so many hours poured into the games I played you guys cant even imagine.

Is there any chance whatsoever of me being able to appeal and get the permanent changed to a 3 month (max for temporary right?) or even reversed completely if it (god forbid) ends up infact being permanent? Any chance or any hope at all at this point would be appreciated, as I am freaking out and raging right now. 

Thanks guys.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (304 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28703 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

If your PS3 did indeed have any kind of 'pirated' software on it then yes your account has likely been banned permanently, if this is not the case & you are 100% certain that this was not through nay fault of your own then please contact Sony customer support using the number below or if you prefer to chat to someone live then please click on the live chat support link in my signature.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (288 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Yes I am indeed 100% certain that this is not due to any fault of my own, I will contact them right now.

Assistance wise is Telephone or live chat more helpful in your opinion?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (272 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28703 posts

Jul 24, 2013

TooLazyToBeAPro wrote:

Yes I am indeed 100% certain that this is not due to any fault of my own, I will contact them right now.

Assistance wise is Telephone or live chat more helpful in your opinion?

Thanks

It's really just a personal choice, I have used both in the past & had the same decent experience.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes