Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2012
By: Khrysto08 First Son 1 posts

Verizon Fios 75/35

2 replies 330 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

I currently have verizon as a internet provider and the 75/35 service plan. My router provided by verizon is a Actiontec MI424WR. I use DMZ, Static IP address, Port forwarding and have set up all the QoS needed to optimize my gaming connection. I play Call of Duty all the time but I dont feel I am getting the best connection. What makes me believe this is that when I ran the PS3 Internet Connection Test all I get is 9 kbpps max download and 3 kbpps download. What am I doing wrong or what else can I do or try.

Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Re: Verizon Fios 75/35

Dec 3, 2012

Moved from Forum Information & Help

Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Verizon Fios 75/35

Dec 3, 2012

Khrysto08 wrote:

I currently have verizon as a internet provider and the 75/35 service plan. My router provided by verizon is a Actiontec MI424WR. I use DMZ, Static IP address, Port forwarding and have set up all the QoS needed to optimize my gaming connection. I play Call of Duty all the time but I dont feel I am getting the best connection. What makes me believe this is that when I ran the PS3 Internet Connection Test all I get is 9 kbpps max download and 3 kbpps download. What am I doing wrong or what else can I do or try.

You either enable DMZ or add Ports do one of them don't add both. Also try to reset your Router and modem. As for QoS all you need to do on that is add your PS3's Mac address to it and set the priority to "Highest" and that should be it. For Static IP use a high number. And if these don't work try having your connection wired and test it like that.

Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)
0 Likes