Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Re: Vanilla Mastercard (Gift Card)

Jan 22, 2009

Kronix20 wrote:
Edit: Also, it's a hell of a lot longer than a "temporary 24 hours" for that $1 charge.. I've been waiting since friday and still havn't gotten it back.. From what I've read it takes 7-10 days.
Message Edited by Kronix20 on 01-22-2009 01:17 AM

Everytime Ive used this card... my 1$ charge has been refunded within 24hrs.

PSN TAG
Message 21 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Jan 22, 2009

Ioldanach wrote:
no, im sorry but you cannot. once you erase the billing adress info you had on your psn account under 'transaction management', it is gone forever unless you know exactly how you typed it and what you put. not even sony knows what you put. so i am at a standstill for purchasing gift cards such as visa. all i wanna know is if i can just type in my name and card info without my adress info and if it will still work. i lost 50 dollars trying to get my old info back from guessing, if anyone can tell me exactly how a vanilla mastercard worked for them and if they had to type in the original or if any adress, worked, i would really appreciate it. thank you.

look here

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=412925

ok... i don't know how someone can "forget" an old address...unless you faked it in the forst place...  but i'll go with the flow here...

NO, you HAVE to enter "SOMETHING" in the address field... just put your current address...

PSN TAG
Message 22 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Jan 23, 2009

BoneOfWorld wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy Vanilla Mastercards in the US besides Sam's Club? I'm anxious to try one on the European Store.
Why would you need to.. The only reason us Canadians have to is because we dont have PSN cards. Just go get one of those if you live in the US.. A lot less hassle.

My Photobucket || Kronix_420 }*=-., ,.-=*{ My GFX Forum || VPSpub.com
Message 23 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Jan 23, 2009

Kronix20 wrote:

BoneOfWorld wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy Vanilla Mastercards in the US besides Sam's Club? I'm anxious to try one on the European Store.
Why would you need to.. The only reason us Canadians have to is because we dont have PSN cards. Just go get one of those if you live in the US.. A lot less hassle.

PSN Cards are region locked. i.e. a US card won't work on a European or Japanese account. I have my doubts about using Vanilla on PSN. I know with the Japanese server you need a Japanese credit card (luckily my girlfriend is Japanese and has a CC)

Proud Home Beta Tester......Proud Team Omega Member

Get your Portable ID!
Message 24 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
21728 posts

Jan 23, 2009

Kronix20 wrote:

BoneOfWorld wrote:

US PSN cards do not work in Stores outside the US, and PSN cards do not exist in Europe. 

Message 25 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Jan 24, 2009

BoneOfWorld wrote:

Kronix20 wrote:

BoneOfWorld wrote:

US PSN cards do not work in Stores outside the US, and PSN cards do not exist in Europe. 
I don't think US giftcards would work for EU PSN either.. It's against the ToS to lie about your billing address, and you would need to lie in order to say you live in EU.. Use your brain kid.
Message Edited by Kronix20 on 01-24-2009 12:04 AM

My Photobucket || Kronix_420 }*=-., ,.-=*{ My GFX Forum || VPSpub.com
Message 26 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 9, 2009

hi i am a problem

The credit card information cannot be updated.

Check your PlayStation®Network account information, and then contact technical support for assistance.

Message 27 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2010

i tryed the same thing but because the card does not a a address or name associated with the card psn wont allow it im in canada to and it does suck ass you can use the card to purchas a psn card online

Message 28 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Let me just say, ive now bought 2 vanilla mastercards and no matter what I do PSN will not except them. This is a ****ing failure in Customer service on PSNs part, ive had other cards that have worked fine and now they are just taking $1 like a vacuum. This is absolutely unacceptable. If i want to buy something and dont want to give Sony my real CC info, i shouldnt have to buy a ****ing PSN card so I can pay for a game or some DLC. Not sure if this thread is still active but if anyone has any ideas, and trust me ive tried EVERYTHING, please let me know.

Message 29 of 30 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

Are you getting the dollars back at least?

Edit: Thread locked for necrobumping

Message 30 of 30 (748 Views)
0 Likes