Aug 02 2008
By: Gillies2006 Lombax Warrior 196 posts

Vanilla Mastercard (Gift Card)

29 replies 15755 views Edited Aug 2, 2008
I got a 25$ prepaid vanilla mastercard today, but I got to the address part what do I do it won't take my adress info and I did register my Zip code to the website.. Any suggestions or solutions? My friend is having the same problem.. Don't tell me it's cause were in Canada or I'll flip.
Message 1 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3233 posts

Re: Vanilla Mastercard (Gift Card)

Aug 2, 2008
i don't get your question...
vlad01234
Message 2 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Aug 2, 2008

CaponeAl wrote:
i don't get your question...

When I went to register the card on psn the adress part wouldn't take anything.

Message 3 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2008

Hello, i have been having the same problem. I contacted sony and because of geological restrictions. They do not provide the service for the vanilla pre paid mater cards in Canada. I am so sorry but that is the fact. However they did mention that will be providing service in 2012. They say sorry for the inconvenience. However if you would like a quick solution to this problem. You could move to the USA. I dont know your financial position but that is a very good choice if you ask me. I moved there and am now living in New York City. I have a cottage in canada that i am in right now. Believe me the USA is way better.

-- Devin 

Message 4 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Aug 12, 2008

dfhdttd wrote:

Hello, i have been having the same problem. I contacted sony and because of geological restrictions. They do not provide the service for the vanilla pre paid mater cards in Canada. I am so sorry but that is the fact. However they did mention that will be providing service in 2012. They say sorry for the inconvenience. However if you would like a quick solution to this problem. You could move to the USA. I dont know your financial position but that is a very good choice if you ask me. I moved there and am now living in New York City. I have a cottage in canada that i am in right now. Believe me the USA is way better.

-- Devin 

**bleep** u talking about... i live in ottawa canada and i use the vanilla mastercard like 3 times and they work perfectly... and no i did not to do any info, i just bought it from the cashier, and went str8 to my ps3, plugged in the info and BAM i got money on the store.

Konami = Fail sauce
Message 5 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Aug 12, 2008

eaglehawk1 wrote:
I got a 25$ prepaid vanilla mastercard today, but I got to the address part what do I do it won't take my adress info and I did register my Zip code to the website.. Any suggestions or solutions? My friend is having the same problem.. Don't tell me it's cause were in Canada or I'll flip.

the problem might be that ur not putting in the right security code. There is a 3-digit and a 4 digit code along the middle. Try both and see if it helps

Konami = Fail sauce
Message 6 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Aug 25, 2008

I bought a $25 Vanilla Mastercard Gift Card a while back for use on the PSN Store.  It worked 100%.  I live in Toronto, Ontario if that mays things any better.

It does work.  First register on their site with your postal code.  I went on the PSN Store (actually account management).  Include all information from the card on to the blank fields including the security digits.  Make sure you use the same postal code as the one you registered for the card.  First I got denied and checked the gift card online ( I lost $1, but got it back a week later).  They do a check on the card.  A few minutes later, I was able to add exact amounts (ie/ $5, $10, $25) to the account.  It works because I did buy two games and still have $8 left and waiting for more games.

I plan to purchase another one. 

My question to you guys is whether the store you bought the gift cards from charged tax for buying a gift card.

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME
Message 7 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 18, 2009

Does Anyone know what you put down for card holders name? I was just woundering before I picked one up.

Message 8 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Jan 18, 2009

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=396078

Op, and those who are having problems... here's my step by step of the VanillaMastercard activation/use... It's quite simple... just follw the on screen instruction (even has explanations at some points)

Ok so I got tired of waiting for the PSN Cards, and after reading/hearing many ppl talk about those Pre-paid credit car gift cards, I went out to Shopper's Drug mart to get one.

I got a 50$ mastercard gift card.

They come in $25-$200 cards.

it costs something like 4$-ish to activate at the register... so it ended up costing me 54$ and change.

The package say "Funds may not be available for up 24hr after activation" but mine was good to go when I got home (about 15 minutes)

so here what you do:

1. On XMB, go to Account Management and select the Billing option.
  2. enter your name
  3. enter the card # and exp date (found on the front of the card)
  4. enter the card security code (found on the back)
  5. on the next screen it asks you to confirm your address, make sure it's the same address as your PSN account registration.

Now here's the catch... once you register the card... psn store puts a charge (it's temporary, I'm told 24hrs (thx to BleedBlueAndGold and gunnerheadboy for the info) ) of 1$ on the card. So a 50$ card, becomes a 49$ card. now you can't add 49$ to your psn wallet...

so here's what I did

1. add 25$
  2. add 10$
  3. add 10$ again

that gives you 45$,

now you still have 4$ on your gift card, keep it in a safe place, and check periodically on the cards website to check if the 1$ charge has been refunded, then go add the final 5$ to your wallet.

Keep in mind that taxes (or currency exchange?) are added to the psn store... but you'll see that when you go to checkout...

So with this information... we dont need to wait for PSN cards to hit Canada, or go without those games we really want on the psn store. Quick, Easy and simple solution... PRE-PAID MASTERCARD GIFT CARDS.

Enjoy!

PSN TAG
Message 9 of 30 (15,755 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 18, 2009
Does the card need any online sign up or is it good to go from the store?
Message 10 of 30 (15,755 Views)
0 Likes