Jun 23 2013
By: OreadiaLeon First Son 1 posts

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, psvita? Playstation network

4 replies 3608 views Edited Jun 23, 2013
Dear PSN team and members
I want to know whether above mentioned game is available on playstation network?

I'm planning to purchasing a psv but only if some classics are available.

Below games are available?

- star ocean 2nd story
- Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

Thank you very much for all your help.
Message 1 of 5 (3,608 Views)
MVP Support
31539 posts

Re: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, psvita? Playstation network

Jun 23, 2013

No.  Neither of those games is, or ever was, available in the Playstation Store for the PSP; much less the Vita. Neither is likely to be in the future. 

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (3,599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Any idea why?  Square-Enix is so frustrating!  Fans cry out to Square all the time for games they want to pay money to play, but our cries fall on deaf ears.   It's like they don't want money.

Message 3 of 5 (3,556 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31539 posts

Jul 7, 2013

It is more like Square Enix doesn't think that enough people will actually buy the game to cover the cost of creating a Playstation Store version, and certifying it on the Vita. Not that many people bought the game when it was released on UMD for the PSP.  Why would Square Enix believe that the demand for the game is higher now?  It isn't as though anyone here bought Covenant of the Plume either. It costs money to put a game in the Playstation Store, whether anyone buys it or not.  It isn't a no-lose proposition.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (3,553 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Feb 2, 2014

JRPG never really get very popular in the west unless they hit a homerun like pokemon or build a fan base over time like Final fantasy.

now in comparison valkyrie profile is not the greatest JRPG ever. and only has 3 games in the series.

So it goes that Square Enix treats it like a side project it's sharing with tri ace. which it is....

I love these games! I would go as far as saying Valkyrie profile 2 is my Favorate game of all time, or atleast Favorate JRPG.

I really wish they would put these 2 games onto PSN. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Message 5 of 5 (2,988 Views)
0 Likes