Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 14 2013
By: Virtuous_Soul_60 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Username taken

3 replies 164 views Edited Oct 14, 2013
I am making a new account for my ps3. Everything works well until i get to choose a username. I want Soul-_-Alchemist. PSN says it is in use. I went to cross bar then add a friend and put in the name and no one was registered to it. There is no email to contact support hope this will do. I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

Re: Username taken

Oct 14, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Virtuous_Soul_60 wrote:
I am making a new account for my ps3. Everything works well until i get to choose a username. I want Soul-_-Alchemist. PSN says it is in use. I went to cross bar then add a friend and put in the name and no one was registered to it. There is no email to contact support hope this will do. I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Sony removed the option of contact by email some time ago.

As for your issue, sometimes a name (PSN ID) will show as taken & when you check it shows as available, Sony has a huge lit of PSN ID's that are for what ever reason not available, be it for sexist, racist or homophobic reasons or for any other number of reasons, I know the PSN ID you want looks pretty innocuous but it may be that it just not allowed, you could try waiting 24/48 hours to see if the ID is available then, but if it' not then you'll never know why, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2013
Ok, i will attempt again later.
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4691 posts

Oct 14, 2013

Virtuous_Soul_60 wrote:

You're right, there is no email for support anymore, but there is a phone number and text chat.  You will have to use one of those options, since this is a community forum and you are unlikely to get a response from a Sony employee.

That being said, there have been other threads on this topic, so you may just try searching for it and find a satisfactory answer.  It's possible the particular ID is blocked for some reason, reserved, or the person who created it never synched trophies.  You can contact support and/or keep trying it, but I don't think it's possible for you to get that username.

Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)
0 Likes