Highlighted
Apr 23 2012
By: satin916 Splicer 61 posts
Accepted Solution

Username question

5 replies 110 views Edited Apr 23, 2012

Some internet security stuff has come up at home, so I was wondering if there is any way for me to change my username without loosing my PS+ membership and all of the purchases/trophies I've acquired. Can I change my username somehow and not affect anything else?

edit: Moved to PSN Support

Message 4 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Re: Username question

Apr 22, 2012

No, SEN (PSN) ID's cannot be changed.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 1 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Apr 22, 2012

So that username will stick with the system, even if I get rid of it?

*bangs head on desk* Well, guess that helps prove how inexperienced I am in online game stuff.

Thanks for helping the idiot!

Message 2 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Apr 22, 2012

Hey,

The only way you could change your account name is if SONY says you have to, or for very good reason. You're better off calling SONY at 1-800-345-7669 (SONY) and explaining why you wish to have your ID name changed - they will probably deny it though.

* If they did allow it - yes, you would keep all purchased content (and PSHome content), but you would lose all your trophies and friends you've added. Your "satin916" account would still exist so your friends would still have the ID added but the account information would be for the new account -- nor could it ever be re-created or changed back.

The best thing you could do right now would be changing your Password to ensure it's strong - do that if you believe others may know what it is. Never share your e-mail assigned with your account or your secret question/answer combo. Do this and you should be fine.

* If you get rid of your PS3 console, you should Deactivate your account then Activate the account again on your new console to regain all of your purchased content. Which can be used by any profile/account on the console. Good luck!

Message 3 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Apr 24, 2012

satin916 wrote:

So that username will stick with the system, even if I get rid of it?

*bangs head on desk* Well, guess that helps prove how inexperienced I am in online game stuff.

Thanks for helping the idiot!

To answer your question above, yes the username will always exist, even if you decide to create a new one & choose to no-longer use your current one it will always be there for you should you want to go back to it.

As suggested you could speak to Sony, explain the situation to them, you never know, maybe they can help you out.

P.S. You're not an idiot!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

Hey,

The only way you could change your account name is if SONY says you have to, or for very good reason. You're better off calling SONY at 1-800-345-7669 (SONY) and explaining why you wish to have your ID name changed - they will probably deny it though.

* If they did allow it - yes, you would keep all purchased content (and PSHome content), but you would lose all your trophies and friends you've added. Your "satin916" account would still exist so your friends would still have the ID added but the account information would be for the new account -- nor could it ever be re-created or changed back.

The best thing you could do right now would be changing your Password to ensure it's strong - do that if you believe others may know what it is. Never share your e-mail assigned with your account or your secret question/answer combo. Do this and you should be fine.

* If you get rid of your PS3 console, you should Deactivate your account then Activate the account again on your new console to regain all of your purchased content. Which can be used by any profile/account on the console. Good luck!

Soph,

I am confused I think. Are you saying that if I have a purchased "network access" for a multiplayer game like Uncharted 3, that my Brother's account - which is on the same console -- can also use that to play multiplayer online? (obviously not at the same time as me)

Tina K ~ IronJoker

Message 6 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes